lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
lmswest
Gone Wild

Default Re: motor upgrade opinions

Yes I've seen it, cause my cart does it. Gps verified... They only advertise 22-23 mph but my Gps said 28.2 with freshly charged batteries on stock tires and level ground... I'm not saying the ge isn't a great choice, just saying you shouldn't believe everything you read from a company that only sells one brand..I didn't build this cart go be the fastest in the world, just fun and to be able to do the speed limit and not have to pull over for traffic. Last time I checked my cart didn't come with a pink slip anyway.lol If were talking about racing it will have to be my 1000+ HP Lincoln. I will even turn the boost down for you a little bit :)
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
lmswest
Gone Wild

John da man's d& d cart is close to thirty with stock wheels as well. As asked before , do you know any ge carts going that fast with stock gears and stock tires? I'm no expert by any means but I haven't seen a ge cart with those kind of speeds .
Old 09-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
JohnDaMan
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmswest View Post
Chaser, keep in mind that page is written by a company that sells ge motors exclusively.. Ill put my d&d motor against the ge any day regardless of hp ratings.. Have you seen any Ge equipped carts going 28 plus mph with stock tires?
Ive seen multiple carts with d&d motors that are only advertised as 22-23 mph going 28 plus.
I concur with this statement. Read my signature.
JohnDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #14
JohnDaMan
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
John da man's d& d cart is close to thirty with stock wheels as well. As asked before , do you know any ge carts going that fast with stock gears and stock tires? I'm no expert by any means but I haven't seen a ge cart with those kind of speeds .
Haha we replied at the same time. I actually hit 33.0 down a hill on Thursday. Flat ground average is 26-28
Old 09-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #15
lmswest
Gone Wild

Flat ground I'm 27.4-28.2. I haven't gone down hills as I live at sea level lol well see if it goes up at all switching from auto store 4 gauge battery cables to 0 gauge. Maybe but I doubt it..
Old 09-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #16
JohnDaMan
Getting Wild
Club Car

The larger wires should help the torque a little. I think if I had an aftermarket controller my top speed would be much steadier. It varies some after reaching 25+

BTW, have you measured your stock tires? Mine are 17.5" tall, not 18 like the tire says
Old 09-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #17
lmswest
Gone Wild

With 650 amps torque is plentiful! but more is always better , right? LOL No I havent measured them but If I stay stock for awhile im going to order the stock dot approved tires as the wha wha wha from these out of round junky stockers is very evident at our speeds!

Which motor did you go with again?
Old 09-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #18
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Yes I've seen it, cause my cart does it. Gps verified... They only advertise 22-23 mph but my Gps said 28.2 with freshly charged batteries on stock tires and level ground... I'm not saying the ge isn't a great choice, just saying you shouldn't believe everything you read from a company that only sells one brand..I didn't build this cart go be the fastest in the world, just fun and to be able to do the speed limit and not have to pull over for traffic. Last time I checked my cart didn't come with a pink slip anyway.lol If were talking about racing it will have to be my 1000+ HP Lincoln. I will even turn the boost down for you a little bit :)
No I think I will pass on the 1000 hp race, BTW is that peak or continuous, Lol
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #19
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Also, I did not post the link as an advertisement for GE, just thought it was the most educated explanation for HP ratings I have seen posted. Just wanted peeps to know the difference when picking a motor. If you saw anything erronious in the article please let us know.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #20
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDaMan View Post
The larger wires should help the torque a little. I think if I had an aftermarket controller my top speed would be much steadier. It varies some after reaching 25+

BTW, have you measured your stock tires? Mine are 17.5" tall, not 18 like the tire says
Mine is 25 mph on golf turf or road or hill wind or no wind, does not matter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car