lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
MobileMarine
Not Yet Wild

Default Working out the kinks

Hey guys , I picked up a 95 txt for a song ! 550.00 for a very clean lifted 4 seater cart with brand new atv tires and curtains . I kinda feel guilty about it but hey .
I flushed the fuel tank , went through the carburetor , change the oil , new battery and cd player . Runs like a champ , its been very cold here and dont even need the choke on a cold start . I do on the other hand have a tiny bit of oil in the air box and it not over filled or burning . I am running 15w40 rotella and turned the gov down a bit to make up for the big tires , far from wide open though .
The other ..... It has a lean to the left side , nothing bent and nothing sticking and good tire pressure , its also squirrley as hell at top end but I think that b/c of so much rubber on the tires making it squishy .

What do I need to dig for on the pvc issue
Thanks and have a good Christmas guys
MobileMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Working out the kinks

once those robins get a few miles on them thats normal crankcase pressure and the high RPM`s splash to much oil anound the inside of the engine and it makes its way through the hose to the breather, I changed the breather hose and re-routed it so it comes off the breather straight up and around the air box then connect back to the airbox. Any oil splashed up in that hose will have a tendency to drain back in the engine block, the`ll run along time.
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

For the handling-issue,check the front-end over for loose or bent parts.Also check the alignment,You want 1/8" toe-in(front of tires 1/8" closer together than the rear).Alot of the Ez-Go front axles bend right near the spring-mount as well..The lean is most-likely worn springs.You can try swapping the fronts side to side,and see if it helps level it out.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree with Pachanga on the springs. Look at the pitman arm while someone slowly turns the wheel back and forth, if it is twisting or moving front to rear where the tie rods connect to it, the brass pitman arm bushing is bad. They are around $12.00 to replace, takes about an hour to replace. King pin bushings may be worn also. Jack the front up, grab the tire top and bottom, wiggle to see how much play you have. They are cheap parts but they need to be reemed after you press them in.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO