lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #21
BrownParticles
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart stopped running cold turkey.

I did some tests. I jumped the yellow solenoid wire to the B- on the controller and that caused for the solenoid to now click. I jumped the B- to the M- contacts on the controller and the cart would not move or do anything different. The resistance between port two and three on the controller yielded 5.65-1.04K oms (rest to depressed)? Port 1 of the controller yielded 50.1v with the key on, cart in gear, and pedal depressed. What does this mean?

I know I created some sparks prior to doing these tests and I have a feeling that may have fried some components. I tried looking for fuses but nothing other than the fuses for headlights, overhead console, and charging. The on board computer's label has a printing "FUSED" meaning something that I don't know. Based on these tests, I think I have more than one broken component, but that's just a wild guess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0784.jpg (66.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0787.jpg (42.7 KB, 0 views)
BrownParticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #22
BrownParticles
Not Yet Wild

I would also like to add that there were 3 adults riding in this thing on somewhat hilly roads. My brother told me that he smelled something burning, like grinding discs, before the motor quit. The resistor the jumps the two larger posts has burnt the heat shrink around it to be black in color. I don't know if this is normal or not.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #23
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Looking back at the first photos you posted. The battery cables look like they really need to be removed and cleaned good.You may not be getting a good enough connection to carry the amps to make the cart run.

If after cleaning them the cart still does not run I would try to find a controller to try.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:06 PM   #24
BrownParticles
Not Yet Wild

I have already wire brushed and baking soda cleaned all batteries and terminals. If I had to jump the yellow wire on solenoid, what does that indicate? Where can I find a controller to "try."
Old 11-19-2014, 07:07 PM   #25
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Does your cart have two solenoid? If not I'm thinking the smell was the controller.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #26
BrownParticles
Not Yet Wild

Cart has only one solenoid. I did the controller test, jumping B- to M-, and the cart didn't run. Shouldn't it have?
Old 11-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #27
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Did you leave the yellow jumper connected? You need to since that tests shows the obc was locking you out. Replace that resistor thats toast.
Your throttle is working=good
Voltage = good
If yellow jumper left on and u did b- to m- test then controller is bad.
Now lets see if others agree.....meanwhile see if you can find a controller to verify
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #28
BrownParticles
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epb View Post
Did you leave the yellow jumper connected? You need to since that tests shows the obc was locking you out. Replace that resistor thats toast.
Your throttle is working=good
Voltage = good
If yellow jumper left on and u did b- to m- test then controller is bad.
Now lets see if others agree.....meanwhile see if you can find a controller to verify
So. Jumper was connected when I connected B- to M-. If the yellow jumper is not connected to B-, the solenoid won't click. Connected or not, while B- is jumped to M-, nothing happens. So... i'll try hunting for a controller. Is the OBC broke too? Im thinking about just buying a controller since I have no idea of how I could get my hands on one just to test. I don't want to pay a shop $90 an hour just to test it for me..
Old 11-19-2014, 07:58 PM   #29
BrownParticles
Not Yet Wild

What are the chances of the motor being bad?
Old 11-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #30
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownParticles View Post
So. Jumper was connected when I connected B- to M-. If the yellow jumper is not connected to B-, the solenoid won't click. Connected or not, while B- is jumped to M-, nothing happens. So... i'll try hunting for a controller. Is the OBC broke too? Im thinking about just buying a controller since I have no idea of how I could get my hands on one just to test. I don't want to pay a shop $90 an hour just to test it for me..
For $90, you can find a good used Curtis 1204 controller that will work in your cart
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car