lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #1
Wayfun
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Who has the best rear seat kit?

I want to add a folding rear seat to my new-to-me '91 DS. Who makes the best kit? Some seem to have steel all the way around the perimeter of the seat back and other don't. For cargo strength I would think that would be beneficial. Is one easier to install than another?

Dennis
Wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
Lovnlivin
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Who has the best rear seat kit?

Hey Wayfun, I'm interested in the responses you'll get as well but I did find this site that looks like good quality rear seat kits, including what seems to be a decent price for adding custom seat covers and matching front seat covers as well.

http://www.frugaldougalsgolf.com/pro...7#.VIWxomwtAeE

They're also made out of light-weight aluminum stating you wouldn't need HD leaf springs. It also includes the safety handle which also appears the rear seat will fold down without having to remove the safety handle.

They might be a little pricier but I like the idea of being aluminum and getting everything at once i.e., rear seat kit with safety handle and with matching seats (front and back) if you're wanting that.

Just another option and I hope you get some more feedback, although with so many companies offering these I know it's tough to choose!
Lovnlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #3
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I put one of these seats on my old EZGO. The price is right. They are a site sponsor as well. It has the steel all the way around. Worked well for me.

http://stores.steelenggolfcart.com/r...e-style-white/
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

So let me throw one more thing into the equation for you.......

Whoever you go with, call and make sure the new kit will not bring your front seatback too far up!

The original kit that was on my "new to me" 2002 DS, pushed the seat very far forward and made it a bit uncomfortable. I'm only 5'11 so it's not that I am too tall.

I did find one that worked for me, but the name of the company escapes me right now.

Just make sure to call first and ask the question....

Best wishes!

BTW, the flip seat in my avatar and photos is the old one.....
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

"The" best kit is the one that's best for YOU. The one that best fits your needs and wants. Make a list of you want the seat to do for you. If you're going to use it to haul oak firewood or sacks of cement, then strength will be high on your list. If you're concerned about rust, then aluminum is high on your list. You're the only one who can decide what is "the best" rear seat.

After you have your list, do a search of flip-flop seat images to find makers that best match your list. Hopefully one of the site sponsors will carry your seat. Happy hunting.

P.S.---Lovnlivin--The need for HD rear springs is not for the weight of the seat. Its for the weight of the load that the seat will be supporting.
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #6
zp3rformance
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olman View Post
I put one of these seats on my old EZGO. The price is right. They are a site sponsor as well. It has the steel all the way around. Worked well for me.
I'd like to second this. Installed a Steeleng rear flip seat for my Club Car a year ago and have gotten nothing but enjoyment from it. Works well. Solid construction.
zp3rformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #7
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Williamson is what I bought and installed, made in the USA and have had no problems.
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by zp3rformance View Post
I'd like to second this. Installed a Steeleng rear flip seat for my Club Car a year ago and have gotten nothing but enjoyment from it. Works well. Solid construction.

I have bought 2 seats from Steeleng. One for an EZGO and one for a Club Car. Both are great seats! At one time they had a coupon code in the general discussion section for 5% off for BGW members.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #9
Wayfun
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the input. I'll check those out.
Wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:35 AM   #10
Lovnlivin
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
P.S.---Lovnlivin--The need for HD rear springs is not for the weight of the seat. Its for the weight of the load that the seat will be supporting.
Good point, tag50! The stated weight of the aluminum kit is 90 lbs so I would be curious as to the difference with the steel kits.

Here's what the site states: "New springs are not required for this lighter weight aluminum rear seat kit unless you intend to carry a heavy load in the back".
Lovnlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car