lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
Dynamo1181
Not Yet Wild

Default Help New Guy...2000 CC vs Charger

I just today obtained a new home with a Club Car year 2000 model golf cart, Seriel # A0003-.... I assume this is a 2000 year 48v system as the cart has 6 8v batteries in series. My problem is that the cart has a Lester model 13800 charger. This unit has a rated output of 36v at 21 amps. I am a HAM radio operator and certainly not new to electronics but do no understand how this setup could be a match. So the question to the group is, did the wrong charger come with the cart in this house deal? I am just wondering if the whole setup, if mismatched, is worth getting in order. I know the batteries are shot in reading from 6.0 to 8.1 volts each. This charger does not seem to work on charging either. Is this setup worth getting in order? So looking for Newbie help.
Thx
Alan
Dynamo1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #2
Dynamo1181
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help New Guy...2000 CC vs Charger

bump...
Old 12-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome to bgw
ALL 36v club cars (CC) came with the 2 blade (crowsfoot) receptacle.
All 48v carts came with the round 3 pin receptacle.
in year 2000 CC produced both 36 and 48 volt carts
Your cart may have the wrong batteries in it?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:39 PM   #4
Dynamo1181
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scotty; Guess I need to take a look at the motor and see what might be printed on it as far as voltage. How do I access this area? The unit does have the round three pin receiver for the chargers round plug. I am wondering if it does have the wrong batteries, could the motor and controler survive the voltage differential? Thoughts?
Thank you for the response.
Alan
Old 12-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Lift the seat and look back at the motor, the label should be facing so you can see it. I'm guessing the cart is 48 volt since you said it has the round 3 pin receptacle.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:56 AM   #6
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo1181 View Post
Thanks Scotty; Guess I need to take a look at the motor and see what might be printed on it as far as voltage. How do I access this area? The unit does have the round three pin receiver for the chargers round plug. I am wondering if it does have the wrong batteries, could the motor and controler survive the voltage differential? Thoughts?
Thank you for the response.
Alan
If its a 36v cart it does not have a controller or an on board computer. If yours does then I suspect that you have the wrong charger.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sounds like you have the wrong charger..... with the correct cord...?? Makes less than no sense. Pics of all of it would be wonderful if possible.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #8
Dynamo1181
Not Yet Wild

I think I have the problem resolved. First I want to thank those who pitched in with thoughts/suggestions. The Club Car is an early 2000 and thus a 48v model. Therefore the 8v/48v system is proper. And of course the round recepticle on the cart is proper at 48v input. The charger is the proper charger. The problem....drum roll... The case of the unit was swapped out with a 36v unit. The charger works but would not show a charge because two of the batteries were totally shot and therefore the charge would not sense and trigger on. I have new batteries ordered and hope all well be well in the future.
Thank you again.
Alan
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car