lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR/Throttle linkage issue slowing my groove

The 5k-0Ω is a VGlide only thing, the MCOR is more like 7.8k-1kΩ.

The reason I asked about the screw driver test is that if Your MCOR does go down to approximate 1kΩ, then a new MCOR will not do any good as the problem is mechanical.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I don't think you are going to get to the speed you posted above. My CC Precedent got to 22 mph on stock tires with the Alltrax control and a new MCOR. You may going as fast as it will go now.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:03 PM   #13
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've got to trouble shoot mine also, I already have a sleeve (zip tie wasn't enough) on mine with no slack there now and I have 2.5" of travel on the pedal before it moves.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #14
Scott_nra
Getting Wild

I get right much pedal travel too before it goes with no slack. In fact spinning it from underneath, you get about 20% around before the "click" when it engages at all. Not sure if that's normal or not.

(also tried turning it a bit more from fully depressed with channelocks, did not change the output ohms at all.)
Scott_nra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #15
Scott_nra
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I don't think you are going to get to the speed you posted above. My CC Precedent got to 22 mph on stock tires with the Alltrax control and a new MCOR. You may going as fast as it will go now.
I'm running 23" tires. would think that would buy you a few more...but what do I know HAHA!

Scotty b THANK YOU again! You are very patient and helpful! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Merry Christmas to you too !

I'm working on signal reducer with Sergio's help.
Keep us posted on your mechanical improvements.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:33 PM   #17
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just finished installing a MCOR4 this morning. It replaced a MCOR2. It went from a resistance of 7K to 1K to 5.8K to 200 ohms with the MCOR4. The throttle response went from 90% to 100%. Also the amount of peddle before activating the switch went to about an inch of travel as compared to 3 inches for the MCOR2.

From what I've seen the MCOR4 and the 2 are two completely different animals. It would be interesting to see what would happen when a person with a stock cart and MCOR2 installs a MCOR4.

As an aside I also found out that I have a 2006 PQ from that extra label you get to see after you take out the Peddle. Up until this point I thought I had a 2010 remanufactured Precedent CC.

ScottyB From what I've seen a new Mcor4 would be the best signal reducer.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #18
Scott_nra
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The 5k-0Ω is a VGlide only thing, the MCOR is more like 7.8k-1kΩ.

The reason I asked about the screw driver test is that if Your MCOR does go down to approximate 1kΩ, then a new MCOR will not do any good as the problem is mechanical.
Makes perfect sense to me. If it is mechanical, another thing I thought of is cutting the drive bar and using a sleeve to reconnect and "Preload" the twist in it. Something like a conduit coupling with set screws.

First things first though...
Old 12-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
It went from a resistance of 7K to 1K to 5.8K to 200 ohms with the MCOR4
This is pretty interesting, has anyone else measured a new MCOR4 (Fixed:White-to-Purple and Variable:White-to-Yellow) to see if the values have indeed changed?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just tested the adapter with a signal reducing resistor inline and it smoothed out the throttle , even on my new MCOR. The peddle is like an Ezgo now. There is a small amount of play at the top of the peddle and the solenoid clicks after less than 3/4" travel which isn't a lot less than without it but the difference is that the cart is capable of being moved 1-2" at low speed. Previously you kinda got the lurching start as the signal started over the program limit. My theory is this leaves a gap between solenoid engagement and a 'readable' signal. Now the signal is instantly recognizable. So the cart can start as slow and smooth and reach top speed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car