lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2014, 10:01 AM   #11
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: which lift kit precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
You like the look like that, is it street tires? I wonder if the 6" lift wouldn't be too much, I won't go over 12" wheels but the tires there are lots of options.
I think it looks nice. I have Turf tires on it since I use it for golf. Also use it to drive to the two courses, one of which is 2mi away.

I would not like having to get in/out of a cart with a 6" lift on the golf course, as many times as I do in a round of golf. If you are not using it for golf, the 6" lift might look pretty good.
txpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #12
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker View Post
to give you an ldea two I built this summer,the blue is just 12 wheels no lift,red is a 6 inch with 23s every precedent with big tires I had to grind the bottom front of rear well
I think the 12's with a three inch lift would work, no grinding. My 08 didn't need grinding 23's 6" lift.

The type tires wold make the difference, I plan on putting a street tire no big grips this time. Maybe I could go 14's with a 3" lift street tires with no issues.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #13
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Which is better Double A arm or spindle lifts?
Old 12-28-2014, 02:16 PM   #14
miker
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

i like the allsport double A and a 3 will look sharp
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #15
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
Which is better Double A arm or spindle lifts?
Scooterman,

I've had the All Sport 5" lift on my cart for about 6 years and only had a couple squeaks here and there which were corrected by WD40 and I've adjusted the alignment once since I've had it as well.. I've been very happy with it and it's taken a few hard hits here and there but mostly for street use as you mentioned. Click on the link in my signature to see it.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #16
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nice cart I want to add the signals and brake lights, like the floor mat. I just saw the all sports website, lots of options
Old 12-28-2014, 10:18 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

A spindle lift kit is not going to give you near as good of a feel in the steering wheel. It may try and wander on you while driving down the road and the steering may feel jerky. The double A-Arm kit, regardless of brand, will give you a much better feel.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:56 AM   #18
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
A spindle lift kit is not going to give you near as good of a feel in the steering wheel. It may try and wander on you while driving down the road and the steering may feel jerky. The double A-Arm kit, regardless of brand, will give you a much better feel.
That is what I was wondering about that, that there means a lot to me. I looked into Allsports and Jake's, they both look to be of the same quality, priced about the same also. I'm sorta leaning toward Jake's A-Arm 4" lift after gathering information and looking at others with similar type carts I'm looking to do with this one.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #19
jfsegar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I had a 6'' spindle lift kit on a 2010 Club Car with 23'' all terain tires. It definitely was a challenge to steer and wandered on me. I drove it exclusively on the street and wanted it for looks. If I end up lifting my RXV, it will definitely be an A arm lift kit.

Also, if you have a rear seat and put passengers on the back, the 6'' lift makes it feel tipsy.
jfsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car