lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
Randy L
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default '98 resistor cart battery problem

Greeting from Kansas, my problem is that I replaced my battery pack last Feb. or March. The brand name of the batteries is Crown. In September I noticed a lack of power and was just able to finish 18 holes of golf. I checked the batteries and found #4 was bad. I had it replaced under prorated warranty. Took the cart out by myself and played 18 with no problems. Charged the battery pack and the next time I had another golfer with me and the cart only made 14 holes. I always charge the batteries after each time I take it out. Is there something that could be drawing power from the pack. After a charge the pack tests at 38.0 Individual battery's check around 6.35 Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

PS I did install a digital battery meter when I replaced the battery pack.
Randy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2015, 09:24 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '98 resistor cart battery problem

I'm not sure why you should have had to pay to replace a bad battery after just 6-7 months. The manufacture offers a 1 year warranty and prorated coverage for 6 months after that. Use you digital meter to report the lowest voltage reading you see while under a load. It sounds like you may have more than just one bad apple in the pack.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:32 AM   #3
Randy L
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the fast reply Scotty, regarding the warranty I was told the batteries had 6 month full warranty and then 6 month prorated warranty. I will do another load test. Thanks again.
Randy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy L View Post
Thanks for the fast reply Scotty, regarding the warranty I was told the batteries had 6 month full warranty and then 6 month prorated warranty. I will do another load test. Thanks again.
We sold and installed Crown batteries for many years. They usually match the competition.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car