lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2015, 08:49 AM   #11
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Trojan battery.... Which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
Everybody has different needs and in some cases this would be nice to have but when considering a continual cost of replacement, you have to really consider the cost of the extra batteries and do you really need that extended time between uses. I can see hunting carts one of the most common need, also when you hop up a cart & use it for hunting you can eat up run time rather quickly and no hunter wants to get stranded when he has a nice rack to haul out. I have two carts, two purposes, one with 4 12v batteries and for what I use the cart it works for now but most likely of the 8v option later because cost wise isn't that much difference but that doesn't hold up for every situation. The other cart, I do need more run time so I will not go less than 6 8v batts.
Agree with all of what you said. Something worth adding to your comments is the discharge rate on eight 6v will be much less during the same distance as six 8v. As a rule of thumb with lead-acid batteries, the less you run them down between charges the longer they will last before needing replacement. So while you are initially paying more for them as a pack, that pack will last longer. And I've never heard anyone complain they get too much run-time.

The extra weight really isnt much of a consequence. Its like having the weight of a teenager riding along with you all the time. The only real challenge as I see it is location. Finding a place for the extra two batteries if you lack whats necessary for fabricating a new tray - or don't have room in your bagwell is definitely a limiting factor. The batteries need to be easily accessible for maintenance.
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #12
Cart Sports
Getting Wild

Default Re: Trojan battery.... Which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
I looked at the price for these and have to consider is it going to return that cost overt time or extended use, It is hard to say if it will. Also availability isn't readily available, at least near my home town. Now the Trojan standards you mention are and reasonably priced.
I used to live in New Roads, but now I'm in the Panhandle of Florida. I'm not sure who the dealer is over there, but in a pinch, I'm sure my wife would want to make a NOLA visit.
Cart Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car