lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2015, 11:02 PM   #1
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Battery restore?

I know this was brought up but has anyone done any actual testing on this sort of magic in a bottle? I have a 2012 cart with original batteries, it isn't holding a long charge as new batteries, was wondering if this was worth a test just to see @ 30$ not too expensive, nothing to lose because I'll have to get new batteries this summer anyways and can't ride much now LOL too cold,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIQUID-SOLUT...83618262&rt=nc
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2015, 11:21 PM   #2
Gwagon
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery restore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
I know this was brought up but has anyone done any actual testing on this sort of magic in a bottle? I have a 2012 cart with original batteries, it isn't holding a long charge as new batteries, was wondering if this was worth a test just to see @ 30$ not too expensive, nothing to lose because I'll have to get new batteries this summer anyways and can't ride much now LOL too cold,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIQUID-SOLUT...83618262&rt=nc

Never seen or tried it. looks like it got a hell of alot of great feedback though. Hey worth a shot. and if it works you will save on that battery purchase in the summer!

Gwagon
Gwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:27 PM   #3
crash test dummy

did the epson salt fix
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-part-2-a.html
Old 02-03-2015, 12:06 AM   #4
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
Sounds like it does work, may have to test this out.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:21 AM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Put your $$ toward a new set of batteries.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:26 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
@ 30$ not too expensive
I think that is the basis for most of those products marketing, they count on the fact that people will rationalize the possible benefits vs cost.

You can skip adding the product and just do the "re-charge repeatedly" part of their instructions as that is what is more likely to give you the appearance of improvement.

I agree, wait until the batteries die and buy new ones.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #8
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Pound of Epson salt can be had at walgreens for a few bucks if you must.

There's a company that has a full page ad in Golf Car Advisor this month peddling the same type of product.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:29 PM   #9
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I think that is the basis for most of those products marketing, they count on the fact that people will rationalize the possible benefits vs cost.

You can skip adding the product and just do the "re-charge repeatedly" part of their instructions as that is what is more likely to give you the appearance of improvement.

I agree, wait until the batteries die and buy new ones.
Do you by chance know the voltage cut off where the controller will just stop? Does it work like the controller sees a certain per-set voltage and then it just shuts down or it there some allowance for the cart to sit a bit and let the voltage come back up some before Restarting? Another words how low can you go before you get stranded, I installed a VM so I can watch it.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I cannot remember if You are still using Sepex or converted to Series?

It is unlikely You will be able to see the low voltage when the controller cuts off, it happens very fast.

When the batteries were getting weak on my 2010 Excel, it would just cut off if I tried to press the pedal all the way down going up a hill. I could release the pedal and gradually press it again and it wound run fine.

When the batteries start to get old, they cannot handle the sudden demand for current and will basically "open" due to the higher internal resistance. As soon as that happens, the controller drops the solenoid and the current demand stops.

So even if you are looking at the voltage meter, You may not see the quick fluctuation in voltage.

A voltmeter with a Min/Max setting may record it.

Anyway, You will not get stranded, You will just have to take it easy from that point forward until You can get new batteries.

I put up with the occasional drop under acceleration for over a month until I had time to replace the batteries.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car