lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2015, 07:55 PM   #21
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ready for snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Buggie View Post
I thought this would be a good start. Figured start long and shorten if need be. I wanted to be wider than the tires (54") and the plow ended up 64". There again to shorten it will be easy. I have an 80' driveway and figured this would beat the ole snow shovel
You bet it beats the arm plow :)! You will be happy with the width of the plow blade for sure going wider then the cart is great.

Shortening the arms with your design will be easy, as you mentioned!
SC Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2015, 07:12 AM   #22
PAPABEAR1
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

We are expecting 8 to 12 " of snowfall tonight . I just wish my cart was running. I think you will be happy with the cart.
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #23
Farm Buggie
Getting Wild

Club Car

Well, it looks like we got around 6" last night. Plowed the driveway a few minutes ago. 6" of snow made her work pretty hard but, we got the job done. It looks like the biggest problem is traction! I need to invest in a set of chains. Overall I am very happy with the way my electric club car handled the snow and the harbor freight winch worked very good also. Just have to wait and see how long the winch will last will last
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snow Feb.2015 001.jpg (71.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Snow Feb.2015 005.jpg (211.8 KB, 0 views)
Farm Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:06 PM   #24
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Well, it looks like we got around 6" last night. Plowed the driveway a few minutes ago. 6" of snow made her work pretty hard but, we got the job done. It looks like the biggest problem is traction! I need to invest in a set of chains. Overall I am very happy with the way my electric club car handled the snow and the harbor freight winch worked very good also. Just have to wait and see how long the winch will last will last
Looks like it worked great! Chains are the ticket, the only draw back with chains is if they are on pavement then tend to want to spin out more then the tires do. If you angle the plow and take half bites of the snow your tires will probably be just fine. Another trick is to just leave a bit of snow on your driveway by lifting the plow a hair and then making a base of snow, then chains will have something good to bite into. Looks like it's working for you!
Old 02-16-2015, 01:21 PM   #25
Farm Buggie
Getting Wild

Club Car

SCC thanks for the tips. I know you are in the business of selling plow set-ups for golf carts. Do you recommend bigger controllers and higher torque motors for pushing snow? My 48v is stock with the exception of the speedy link I installed.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:30 PM   #26
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would up the controller if it's a stock 250 amp go to at least 400 amp unit
Although .. For just a little bit of dusting you got down there you might be
Okay
Cheers!
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #27
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
SCC thanks for the tips. I know you are in the business of selling plow set-ups for golf carts. Do you recommend bigger controllers and higher torque motors for pushing snow? My 48v is stock with the exception of the speedy link I installed.
Hey Farm Buggie!

For pushing snow bigger is always better With that being said we have been pushing a lot snow with our shop cart for 2 seasons now and then of course using the cart in the back country all summer long and the only thing we did was put an upgraded 350 amp controller on it and left the motor stock. When the snow gets deep and we push for an hour or so and are really working it you can smell the heat from the motor. But that only happens on big snow days when we are really working it. Plus one of our properties has a a fairly steady slope.

We feel now that we have done enough testing to feel comfortable on the durability of the factory motor so we will be installing our upgraded torque package next season.

So to make a long story longer if we were going to spend any money we would go with a 500 amp controller and then later look at the Torque motor, or if you want to spend the cheddar upfront do the whole package and you will be set. Otherwise you can keep using it the way it is and just be mindful of how hard you are being on everything and it should last you a nice long time on the level pavement you have there!

Hope that helps!
Old 02-16-2015, 01:35 PM   #28
Farm Buggie
Getting Wild

Club Car

Great white would the 400 amp be that noticeable as far as torque? I would really like to know if there is any way to install a posi unit in the CC?
Old 02-16-2015, 01:46 PM   #29
Farm Buggie
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks SCC!
Old 02-16-2015, 01:51 PM   #30
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks SCC!
No problem! Check out Silverwolf motors, one of the sponsors, for limited slip
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car