lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
scooper77515
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 08 Precedent sometimes pedal doesn't work first time

Might be beating a dead horse and asking a very common question, but I did a search and did not find similar symptoms anywhere else.

All new batteries, so let's get that out of the way.

This cart is usually flawless. I drive it on average 5 miles per day out in cow pasture, 3-5 days per week.

But sometimes, when I step on the GO pedal, nothing. Usually when I first drive it that day. I have noticed that if I gently kick up on the dash board, it will go, but yesterday, even that did not work (might just be coincidence)

But if I stomped hard full throttle, it would go and then act normal.

Does this in Forward and Reverse.

Where should I start looking?

Speed sensor?
scooper77515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2015, 10:42 AM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 08 Precedent sometimes pedal doesn't work first time

Look for loose connections, key switch forward reverse wiring under cart pulled loose. You may have ran over a stick or something that pulled on the wiring.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did you try kicking the tires sometimes that works. Just kidding I'd start with the MCOR. :)
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:49 PM   #4
smackdaddy66
Getting Wild
Club Car

I second the MCOR. Not terribly difficult to change out. When they start to go bad, it can be terribly frustrating and a lot of times sends people to other more complex and expensive conclusions that don't pan out.
smackdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:55 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The MCOR has a micro switch in it that triggers the solenoid. The ms can fail in an intermittent pattern. Does the solenoid click when the cart doesn't go?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:01 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I agree with the others. It sounds like the classic symptoms of an MCOR failure. Remove the rubber floormat from the vehicle. Remove the plastic access door from the floor. You'll be able to see the wires that plug into the MCOR. There is a two-pin connector and a three-pin connector. Un-plug the two pin connector from the mcor and jump the pins together with a paperclip or a piece of wire. This will bypass the internal micro switch of the MCOR. If the car operates normally with the jumper in place, replace the MCOR.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #7
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Tahoe, I often wondered about something. If you jumper the sw out before you turn the key switch on will you get a HPD. What I'm trying to say is turn the key sw on first and then jumper the MCOR switch.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:51 PM   #8
scooper77515
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Alright guys! Thanks for the feedback! Hope I get a chance to work on it this weekend. Weather is supposed to warm up and dry up...
scooper77515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Tahoe, I often wondered about something. If you jumper the sw out before you turn the key switch on will you get a HPD. What I'm trying to say is turn the key sw on first and then jumper the MCOR switch.
No you won't. HPD doesn't happen unless throttle is applied. the two pin connector has nothing to do with applying throttle. It's simply a safety switch. The car won't run unless those two pins are connected. In fact, you'll notice no difference in operation with the jumper in place than you would with a perfectly good working mcor. The bad part is that if the throttle ever decided to fluctuate you would have a runaway Cart. That's why the two pin micro switch is still in use.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #10
stang99x
Gone Wild

Coming late to the party, I concur on the MCOR. I have a cart right now that does the same thing. Sometimes you have to just slam the gas down a couple times and then it runs normally. It is a very intermittent problem, and the fix is pretty easy. It's just paying for the MCOR itself that sucks. I do them all the time
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car