lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2015, 08:10 PM   #1
Tsimon81
Not Yet Wild

Default 1991 club car ds build help?

I have just been given a 1991 Club Car Ds resistor cart with a VGlide. i am new to this style cart (series cart)as my previous build was a sepex regen cart. i want to put a moderate lift and tires on this cart and curious as to how the stock setup will handle this. If upgrades are needed do you go with a solid state conversion?
Tsimon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2015, 08:12 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: 1991 club car ds build help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsimon81 View Post
I have just been given a 1991 Club Car Ds resistor cart with a VGlide. i am new to this style cart (series cart)as my previous build was a sepex regen cart. i want to put a moderate lift and tires on this cart and curious as to how the stock setup will handle this. If upgrades are needed do you go with a solid state conversion?
If any diameter tire taller than stock is used, the V-glide carts tend to have issues with the V-glide melting. A solid state conversion is generally the way folks go if they are going to upgrade a V-glide cart with larger tires. Beware it gets expensive kind of quickly.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #3
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
If any diameter tire taller than stock is used, the V-glide carts tend to have issues with the V-glide melting. A solid state conversion is generally the way folks go if they are going to upgrade a V-glide cart with larger tires. Beware it gets expensive kind of quickly.
X2!

ScottyB sells great products:
Scottyb's Resistor Coil to Solid State Conversion Kits
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #4
Tsimon81
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. Thats what I thought but knew if there was a way around it you guys would know. The cart was given to me so i don't have any money in it yet. I just sent an email to ScottyB and i guess thats what Ill be doing lol.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #5
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks. Thats what I thought but knew if there was a way around it you guys would know. The cart was given to me so i don't have any money in it yet. I just sent an email to ScottyB and i guess thats what Ill be doing lol.
No money into it is always a good thing
Old 03-03-2015, 08:38 PM   #6
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

One thing I'll add right now since you have to convert, go 48 volt if you have to buy batteries!!! The stock 36 volt motor runs awesome on 48 volts, and it's just an all around better setup. It'll cost slightly more overall now, but it's cheaper to do it the first time than to convert to 48 volt later, and worth it.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #7
Tsimon81
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
One thing I'll add right now since you have to convert, go 48 volt if you have to buy batteries!!! The stock 36 volt motor runs awesome on 48 volts, and it's just an all around better setup. It'll cost slightly more overall now, but it's cheaper to do it the first time than to convert to 48 volt later, and worth it.
I know. id love to do it but I then I'm also gonna have to have a new charger as well. Id really like to get the solid state conversion done and hope that it i can get a solid 15 mph out of it and take hills well.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:04 PM   #8
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
I know. id love to do it but I then I'm also gonna have to have a new charger as well. Id really like to get the solid state conversion done and hope that it i can get a solid 15 mph out of it and take hills well.
You may not get 15 by just doing the SS conversion. Close, but probably no cigar.

Now, going 48v on the 36v motor will get you at least 15 EASILY
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car