lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2015, 09:39 AM   #1
300zxmuro
Not Yet Wild

Default My Golf Cart and Battery with new Voltmeter question

Hi all,

I have a 2011 Precedent Golf Cart.

Batteries are in good shape or I think they are....

I have 2 questions....

I installed a voltmeter those that has green bars.....i connected in a way that is always ON. It is not suppose to be connected like that...but I thought how much that light could get from the batteries if the cart is always connected to the charger... Well I have noticed that the batteries were not lasting very much.
After driving for a few minutes (about 15) car kinda dies.
I connected to the charger and let it charge all night....today with a voltimeter I measured the volts across all batteries and it was 46.6 with the indicators one bar less....

I disconnected the charger from the car and connected back in and a new charge started.....after 2 hours stopped and I measured again and it states 50.1 and the volt indicator shown the last bar on.

It is possible that that stupid bar light could drain the batteries in a few hours?

Also why the charger is not kicking in automatically?

Thanks for any inpute
300zxmuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My Golf Cart and Battery with new Voltmeter question

First disconnect the bar light and is if it makes any difference. Second if it doesn't its battery time. Third the charger will not kick on for 28? days.
Last when you do replace the batteries budget in a new DPI charger.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car