lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2015, 01:49 PM   #1
derrski
Not Yet Wild

Default new 02' DS owner; looking for "where to start" info

I just purchased a 2002 DS from a Club dealer. I declined new batteries, as that is something I can do later this summer. (6x8v)

Where do I start on a car make over? right now it's stock, and i'm looking to customize it with wheels, rear seat, lift?, paint, etc.

I've searched thoroughly in this site, but most threads are specific to an issue, I'm looking for a general "start with" type information.

thanks in advance for suggestions/links.
Tom
derrski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2015, 05:35 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: new 02' DS owner; looking for "where to start" info

The sky is the limit. You can customize it how you want it. There are many build threads in the Modified section on here. Have fun and to BGW
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

There is plenty of knowledge here and plenty of quality website sponsors that sell anything and everything you'd ever need to customize your vehicle. It's up to you to decide what you want. The sky is the limit with these things.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:07 PM   #4
derrski
Not Yet Wild

This build is going to fun especially getting my son involved.

My "where to start" comment was referring to what physical piece of the cart should I 'solve' first? Voltage reducer, controller, rim/tire combo, lift, HD rear springs, this list gets pretty long. I don't want to buy (from a sponsor!) a HD spring kit only to find it's not compatible with a 6 inch lift.

I'm starting with a 02 DS (picking up in 3 hours) and hope to end up with something like this:
http://segolfcarts.com/wp-content/up...86-960x720.jpg

I have about a $2200 budget that will include new batteries this summer.

My daughter does horse shows (hence I'm broke haha) and for some reason I convinced myself having our own cart would save money over renting on weekends. i already know I was wrong. But the cool and fun factor while working with my 12y son will be priceless.

I have so many questions, do you recommend starting a build thread? As opposed to individual threads about each issue? (of course after extensive use of search function) HA
derrski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:11 PM   #5
Z71mtr
Gone Wild

I have my cart for the same reason. I have also started using mine for hunting. I carry saddles on mine more than anything. Trips every day back and forth to the barn. There are not a lot of issues between lift kits and HD springs BC you can buy it with the HD springs. Best thing I have found to do is to ask before u buy. Lol
Z71mtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:12 PM   #6
Z71mtr
Gone Wild

In the picture that u have posted.......I would suggest not to put the seat on upside down as they have :)
Old 03-22-2015, 07:59 PM   #7
jimbo5775
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I too am a new 03 Club cart owner and just started installing the MJFX 16-003 6 inch lift kit complete with 22x11x10 Predator tires on Black and Chrome rims. I have the front done and was working on the rear till I had problems removing the bolts and spacers from the springs. Going to have to cut the bolts out and will replace with new SS bolts. Should finish tomorrow evening with this project. Got the kit at cartpartsplus.com came in 3 days free shipping. Easy to follow instructions the wife and I doing the work. Next comes the paint job.

I was given this cart and knew it needed batteries so I went with the Trojan battery and also had to replace the controller total $800.00 Lift kit was $899.99 I figure $1700 not bad to have a nice l.ooking cart that runs good.

Found good info on here too (lots of reading).
jimbo5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:04 PM   #8
Z71mtr
Gone Wild

Have any pictures?
Old 03-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #9
jimbo5775
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Waiting till I get kit installed then will post before and after. It sure made a difference just in getting the front lifted. Looks like a completely different cart.
jimbo5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car