lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
GQ IMAGE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do you update software on 2008 RXV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ View Post
See what I started!
Yes you are a trouble maker!!! Glad you posted it though, got me active back in the forum again!!!

Thanks!!!
GQ IMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

With 21 in tires on mine with the 19.5 setting it runs in the 23s with close to 600 lbs on it
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #13
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Off topic now, but will 14's fit without a lift kit on the RXV?
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #14
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoughton1 View Post
The 2five cart has a higher gear ratio which gives the higher speed.its the same program.
Higher gear ratio, yes, but there is a program available on the tool for the 2Five which lists freedom mode at 25 MPH. Since the 2Five uses the same controller as the RXV it is possible to "program" the RXV for more than 19.5 MPH, however, most dealers will not do this, even if they have the 2Five programming loaded on the tool as the RXV is a golf cart, the 2Five is a LSV and can legally be programmed to go 25 MPH. This information is straight from my dealer while on the phone with EZGO. He was going to program mine, but since he is not a 2Five dealer they would not update his tool.
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #15
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAspec View Post
The dealer here is doing it. He claims speeds of 27mph with controllers turned up to legal max of 19.6. I can't confirm 27 but I would be surprised if the carts are slower than 23-25. I drove one with standard 8's (18"tires) and one with the big wheels (14's) and didn't seem to affect acceleration at all. Impressive! Here is a pic of one with 14's tho it is not from a local dealer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5N25T45E13E23I73Jfc6dfaaf19cafd931570.jpg (56.8 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Wheel size does not matter, tire size does. I am running the 21in version of these..
http://www.shopezgo.com/products/21%...l-Package.html

No mods to the front but I did have to make some mods to the bumper wings inside as the tire was hitting. Also put longer shackles on the rear for a different look.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #17
GQ IMAGE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yes, I am running on 14 inch wheels.....
GQ IMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, had my 2009 RXV reprogrammed today...

Here's the back story. The dealer said he increases the speed of all the carts they sell, but initially knew nothing about the ability to adjust the torque.

Called EZGO, the tech on the phone said the programming tool that dealers use is very limited. It WILL set the top speed for 19.5-19.9 (I measured 19.9 MPH peak on my Garmin GPS). And it can adjust the torque SLIGHTLY. He also said the reason they limit the torque is they are protecting the 235 Amp controller.

The local shop wasn't informed of the call to EZGO, but they said exactly the same thing about adjusting the speed, and found where they could bump the torque. My cart was returned from the dealership today. They took care of reprogramming while fixing a noisy hub and out of round tire.

Murphy has it raining outside when I got home. I haven't checked the top speed, but don't expect that to change. He had previously set it for the max limit. I can't tell any difference in torque at all. Still very slow off the line. I drove it out of the garage, to the end of the driveway, and came back. The garage floor is painted concrete. Even with wet tires, full throttle will NOT spin the tires, or even come close to it. It grannies off the line, and in about 10', starts getting serious about going.

So the local dealer, and EZGO rep, both said the same thing independently of one another. I've got it reprogrammed. The speed tweak does work as expected. The torque mod is a wasted effort IMHO.

What I haven't done yet, but will soon, it put on my 400A clamp-on ammeter (Extech) to find out how much current the cart draws from a dead start, vs. full throttle. My guess is there's nowhere near 200A when it first starts rolling. If that's the case, then this limit was established to stop the fleet vehicles from tearing up the greens, and for whatever reason, EZGO doesn't want to adjust it. JMHO...
2manytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I am starting to think it is to protect the controller more than anything else.. A cart from a dead stop will pull some major current if asked for full throttle, 235 amps ain't it.. Once rolling that requirement drops and it will take off. Now with that sucker being roughley a grand, I think I may quit messing with it
Old 09-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #20
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

We shall see... I am going to put my 400A clamp-on Ammeter on the battery bank, set up my video camera, and record the current as it accelerates. In a few days, my newbie status will expire, and I'll post the video.
2manytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO