lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #11
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My little hunting buddies.

Here's a group shot of some of the family at the camp...

l to r: cousin, brother-in-law, nephew, Father-in-law, son, me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg group1.jpg (144.1 KB, 14 views)
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #12
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll be adding on another two feet to my 4x4 box stand. I figure they can have 4x4 and I can use the 2x4 left over. They will both be layed out on the floor I know. It is going to be quite interesting. I can't wait. My daughter keeps telling my son about eveything at the Camp. She remembers everything. I love that it sticks in her head so good. She will remember these days forever as will I.
oletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #13
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

The little portable ground blinds and two camo "sport" chairs - we spent many, many mornings and evenings sitting like that! He killed his first deer out of that setup and then the lucky dog got his second deer that afternoon with his grandfather!
Old 08-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #14
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea you will. Post up pics of your blind. Hurricane Ike did a toll on all 6 of my standalones. My treestand survived but nothing else. Looking for ideas on building some new blinds.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #15
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
We have never met before but you have gained all my respect from that message right there! Way to be a great father!
Colt, Thanks for the kind statement. I can't see how people can not find time to spend with their children. I work 14 days on and 14 days off. I get to spend a lot of time with them when I am home, but man I hate going to work. Thanks again.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #16
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardLeg View Post
Here's a group shot of some of the family at the camp...

l to r: cousin, brother-in-law, nephew, Father-in-law, son, me
Nice pic Lizard, looks like some fine memories being made. Where do you hunt around Gonzales? I hunt in Natchitoches, LA.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #17
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Actually hunt in Alabama - just can't seem to find the right club around here unless it is a 3 hour drive away. At that point, might as well drive 4.5 hours and hunt where I've been hunting for 20 years
Old 08-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
Yea you will. Post up pics of your blind. Hurricane Ike did a toll on all 6 of my standalones. My treestand survived but nothing else. Looking for ideas on building some new blinds.
Here is one I will be building.

All of the wall frame screw together with 3" screws, I use 1 3/4" screws to screw my plywood to the walls. The frame will screw together with 3" screws. The roof I use screws with the rubber washer (screwing tin to the frame).

On the long walls the wood on one end will be 6'2" and on the other 6'. Make your frame first then screw the plywood flush all the way around. Then cut your windows out with a skill saw or sawsall or jigsaw its easier. The long sides will take 1.5 sheets plywood per side.

On the short sides screw the frames up then leave 2" hanging off each edge, not the top.

On the front screw it all together then cut your door out, It will fit perfect if you do it this way. Screw some hinges on your door and you are good to go. You may want to frame the door after you cut it out to make it more sturdy. Remember of you do this allow 1/2 in smaller for the frame than the plywood, the door will not close if you dont do this.

On the base you can have some buddys help and screw the base together than attach the 4x4 legs to the frame then stand it up, In order to do this you will have to make a bottom band around the 4x4s as well. After the frame is up cross brace each side with 2x4's you may want to add a middle set of 4x4s as well.

Now you have your wall pannels and your frame up. Your deck should be 4'X8'. This allows you a 2' deck to stand on before entering your stand it is much safer than trying to get in your door at a angle with your gun.

Screw the long pannel up flush with the outside, then the back pannel, Now you have a L screw the other long pannel and attach the 3 sides together [ now attach the front to all sides. Last your roof will be light and it should fit like a glove in the hole that you have, pick it up drop[ it in place and install it with 3" screws to the frame this locks everything together.

As far as the ladder cut 2 2x4's to length and install runners every 11" or what ever fits you. I always leave 1 side of the ladder longer it helps you get onto the platform safely.

Good Luck and let me know if you need anything else.

ps on 1B I had a top measurement of 45" it should be 44" Thats that total with of the frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2167.jpg (92.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2168.jpg (70.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2169.jpg (55.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #19
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

And three more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2170.jpg (55.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2171.jpg (61.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2173.jpg (65.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #20
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oletop View Post
As long as I bring plenty of snacks and colors and binoculars my little girl is happy. She really enjoys looking for tracks, rubs, and scrapes. She is definitley daddy's little girl. We don't dog hunt and I don't know anyone that does. I would like to try it and I am sure it would be very entertaining for my kids. I just love having the time with them and the beautiful nature. Life is great and I have been blessed. There is nothing better.
anytime you want to come out and run some dogs, you are more than welcome to come. my dad was the president of the club we had been hunting at, but, i can still get you in as a visitor. it is also a very safe club for kids to be at . the best time to come out is the week after thanksgiving. they hunt all week. i also live about 15 min from the club, so you and the kids are more than welcome to stay with us if yall want to come
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO