lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Windshield glue?

I have an Ezgo that has a split windshield, 1/4" thick. I am missing one of the rubber pieces that glue to the bottom of the windshield, and are used to hold the windshield when it is open.

I have 3 issues here :

First , does anyone know where I can get one of these ( I know- sponsers-, but haven't found it yet).

Second issue , is the rubber piece apparently glues to the bottom of the windshield. Does anyone know what type of glue this is? I need to get some glue that will work, and hope someone knows what will work. I would rather not experiment with different types of glue. I live in the desert and the cart gets lots of sun, and some days it is 120 degrees in the shade.

Third issue, does anyone know what I can use to remove the old dried up glue from the windshield, without messing up the windshield?

The 3 pictures I am posting, is one of the rubber that I still have, another pic is where the original was glued to the bottom of the windshield, and lastly is a pic of a club car windshield, to show what they look like when properly installed.

thanks for any help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg windshield rubber.jpg (89.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg windshield rubber2.jpg (138.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg windshield rubber3.jpg (175.7 KB, 0 views)
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

I am not 100% certain, but this is what I would try if it were my cart. Shoe goo is just indestructible, can handle heat cold, whatever you can throw at it. It sets up fairly quickly and is very thick.

I would test a small area with acetone to remove the glue. Try applying with a q tip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Windshield glue?

Acetone will melt the windshield. Your best bet is to CAREFULLY use a single edge razor blade and remove most of the residue. After that, apply 3M Automotive Trim Adhesive to the new part and press it on. This material is a double sided tape-like product and it works great. As for sourcing the part, let me see if I can find the place on the web that has that stuff, I used them years ago and they had all that type of parts.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

This is not the source I used, but they have what you need:

http://www.groovycarts.com/wiac.html#page1&sortdefault0
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Awesome, thanks for the info. I will order the parts and get er done!
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO