lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2012, 04:07 AM   #1
Alexcavs7
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Radio and speakers

Hi I have a 2007 ez go freedom txt cart and It has a carbon fiber dash on it. I was wanting to put some type of sound system in the cart. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions of certain. Types of speakers or radios that would fit in the cart. The cheaper the better but I would like a decent quality on that I can plug my iPod into. It doesn't have to be mounted in the dash but just a clean look and decent quality. Thanks!
Alexcavs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Radio and speakers

My head unit has a flip out dock for iPod/ iPhone. Also supports SD, Bluetooth and has a USB plug. They can still be found new on eBay for about $120. This is my most favoritist mobile stereo ever. I put one in my daily beater last year. My old man (iPhone owner) flipped out over it, so I got him one for Father's Day and installed it in his pickup. He then decided he couldn't live without it on the road, so I put another one in his big rig. This spring, my golf cart got one. I am almost ready to start re-assembling the dash from my 69 Charger. I'll give you three guesses what's going where the radio delete plate used to be...
Dual XML 8150- check one out!
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Inexpensive and good sounding with iPod connectivity? $37 with shipping will get you a Boss AVA-1404 equalizer/amplifier. Hide it under the seat, mount an iPhone dock to the dash and use it as your volume control. It has power to run 4 speakers, a full EQ and fader, and it even has a crossover to allow you to connect an amp and subwoofer in the future. no CD or tuner, but these days all I use is my iPhone anyway. Use the free audio galaxy app and you will have access to every song and playlist on your home computer as long as you have 3G or wireless access.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #4
Alexcavs7
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=kab69440;754321]My head unit has a flip out dock for iPod/ iPhone. Also supports SD, Bluetooth and has a USB plug. They can still be found new on eBay for about $120. This is my most favoritist mobile stereo ever. I put one in my daily beater last year. My old man (iPhone owner) flipped out over it, so I got him one for Father's Day and installed it in his pickup. He then decided he couldn't live without it on the road, so I put another one in his big rig. This spring, my golf cart got one. I am almost ready to start re-assembling the dash from my 69 Charger. I'll give you three guesses what's going where the radio delete plate used to be...
Dual XML 8150- check one out!

So I'm not really advanced in the speaker and radio work but I think this device receives the audio and you have to buy speakers to hook up to it? If that the case than what speakers do you have for it and what else would I need for this setup?
Old 07-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is an automobile head unit. It can run as many as four speakers(custom audio builders notwithstanding). I currently have two speakers in custom pods below the dash. My speakers came from some clunker headed for the salvage yard. Maybe one of these days I'll buy good speakers and buld a box for behind the seat. Aside from that, you'll need a 12v power supply, a switch and roughly ten feet of hot/ground 12ga wire.

Here's the speaker pods and old head unit. Pardon the mess, but I had about 4 different wiring projects going on simultaneously. All of them were waiting on something from the Brown Truck Fairy.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
Alexcavs7
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay so I looked on eBay and I found some speaker pods and it looks like I'll be getting them. What is the deal on the 12v power supply? Where do I get one and how do I hook it up?
Old 07-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The three-holer on the dash was sourced from a local department store. Look in the cheezy automotive accessory section. The main hookup by the 36v charge port came from the boat accessory section. I didn't want to have to charge my battery through all the wire up to the dash, so I installed the main plug and it only needs about 7" of wire to hit the battery poles.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
JasonsGolfCarts
Getting Wild

Alex, this is a fairly cheap option that sounds pretty decent and comes with everything you need to listen to your Ipod or anything else (phone, ect.) with a headphone jack. We typically mount the amp under the seat and the speakers below the seat (facing forward where the driver's and passenger's legs hang down)

http://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/MP3_K..._p/rad-041.htm
JasonsGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom, ez go, freedom, music, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO