lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
luckyc1423
Not Yet Wild

Default Custom EZGO Build Ideas/Help

I want to start by saying I have never owned or worked on golf carts before. I met with a custom golf cart builder (individual)that is willing to custom build me a cart at a very good price. So that’s why im here, to ask questions and see advice as to what I should do or what I shouldn’t do. And maybe what looks good and what doesn’t.
The way this is working is he is charging me a set price for the golf cart. He is making his money off the golf cart. Any aftermarket parts I want to put on all I have to pay for is the actual parts, and he will install them for free.

My Terrain: The golf cart will be staying at my lake house. I will be driving on the community roads that are somewhat hilly. Also I will be doing some trail riding that is moderately hilly as well. So speed and power are the most important.
1) Deciding which cart to go with. I know I want a 48 volt as I want the speed and the power. Those are pretty much the most important things to me. He recommended that I should get a RXV as the speed and power are very good on those carts. Is this true? The other option is the club car. He said the club car is slightly more expensive but has less power. He seemed to be a pro RXV fan and said they are newer with newer technology.

2) What type of color to do the body in. I have two options here 1) to Rhyno line the body one solid color. He said I can choose any color I want and this option is roughly 150 bucks. I like this option the most because I feel it will be more durable when it comes to getting hit by tree branches…ect… the 2) option is painting the car one solid color. That option will roughly be 250 bucks.

3) Rims & Tires: I can choose any rims and tires I want I just have to pay for the parts. He can get me a small discount through the website everythingcarts so that’s were I have been looking. If there are cheaper options please let me know. He recommended I go with this: 23x10.5-12 XTrail Tire on Offset Yellow Jacket Wheel. I picked those rims out and he said this tire and rim combination gives the best deal when purchasing it. He said the tire is a good tire that has the combination of a smooth ride and small offroad ability. This combo is $140 per tire (this also includes the rim). I would like to go to a 14” rim but everything I see really jumps the price up quit a bit.

4) Radio: He said I have two options with this. 1) A roof mounted option which will be about half the price as option 2. Or 2) Buy a dash kit from everythingcarts that has pre-made 6” holes for speakers. I think I like option 2 better although it will cost more I think it will give me better sound and looks. All I would have to do here is buy the speakers and cd player separately. Any recommendations for that would be greatly appreciated.

5) Fender flares: For what ever reason I love fender flares. Im looking at the fender flares off of everythingcarts website that look like bushwacker fender flares.

The cart will be coming with 2012 Naps batteries. Also will come with a back seat.
Cart will also come with a 6" lift.
luckyc1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO