lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #21
andy.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Batteries or charger

Just cleaned all connections in the battery sense circuit and still have a .5v difference. I am currently charging the pack again then will retest all cells with hydrometer to verify if that battery is really the culprit. i bought another battery today and was going to replace it earlier but the specific gravity test had all the batteries in the fair range. guess i will know more after this charge. There may be a set of US2200 and a new charger from scottyb in my future.
andy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sorry, I misspoke. I should have said there was resistance in the charging loop instead of the battery sense circuit.

The charging loop consists of the terminals in the charging receptacle, the wires from the receptacle to the main B+ and B- terminals on the battery pack and the 60A fuse (if it exists) and the high current cables connecting the batteries in series, and all the connections therein.

If the resistance is in the high current cables and/or connection, the cart is also loosing some performance. (Torque definitely - Top speed, maybe)

From what I can tell from your posts, your battery charger is working, but has some control issues that may or may not be a problem with the charger.
At worst, it might need a new control board.

Of course, the DPI charger Scotty sells does have float charge.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #23
andy.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I cleaned all those connections too. Think I am just gonna order a new charger and try to rehab these batteries if possible. Done put one control board in this old charger, tired of throwing money at it.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #24
andy.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

After a good 12 hour rest pack settled to 37.7v and every cell is in the 1125-1250 range on the hydrometer.

I ordered a new dpi charger from Scotty so I am gonna charge the snot out of them when it gets here. If that does not revive them then i will have to decide on some US batteries or Trojans.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If "snot" is another name for crystalline lead sulfate, charging the snot out of them might work.

I got pretty good results doing that to a set that only charged to 85% when I got the cart. Same batteries now charging into the mid 90's.

If it doesn't, buy the highest AH batteries you can afford.
Trojan, US, Crown, Deka are all good brands. Probably others out there also.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO