lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
G W Haas
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 2008 rxv lockup

I have a 2008 rxv that locks up on steep gravel road---I switch it off and back on and it works agin but sometimes I have to wait 30 seconds or more working. This always happens going down hill. second problem--I turn the switch on--I here the click but cart does not move and brake does not release. If I tap on top of the controller box and keep working the switch and it finally works. The solenoid is new and batteries have been checked. Can anyone help?
G W Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Rhoughton1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 rxv lockup

How old are the batteries?
Rhoughton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Has the motor brake been replaced or is it the original ? That was one of the big failure points on the 2008 RXVs.. The originals had a release handle. If it does, be gentle with it. I was told if you move it too far, it messes up the brake..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Sounds like either the motor temp. sensor or the motor brake. Since you state it happens on a steep hill I would think it's the motor temp sensor. The only true way to determine if it's the motor temp sensor is going to be with the E-Z-GO handheld diagnostic meter.

Does this happen on a mild grade or flat ground, or only on a steep grade?
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
G W Haas
Not Yet Wild

happens mostly on steep gravel but sometimes on flat ground. I bought the cart used but as far as I know the temp. sensor has never been replace.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
G W Haas
Not Yet Wild

ps. the motor brake has never been replaced and it does have the handle on the end of the motor. The batts. are 4 yrs. old and were tested under load at dealer. Dealer could find no problems. thanks
Old 08-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #7
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by G W Haas View Post
happens mostly on steep gravel but sometimes on flat ground. I bought the cart used but as far as I know the temp. sensor has never been replace.
I am leaning towards the temp. sensor -- the RXV's do not like extended steep hills or grade. It should not be happening on flat ground though. You mention gravel, are you getting a lot of wheel spin?

I doubt it's your batteries, but the only true way to eliminate them from being the problem is to connect a multimeter to the pack voltage and monitor it on this steep hill you have problems with.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Are RXVs complete pieces of sh!t? All I hear is complaints of failing brakes. I guess if a brake system fails, it's better to fail "safe", but shouldn't a buggy be plug and play.

I like DC to AC conversion, but they appear to have MAJOR brake issues.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Rhoughton1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

You need to charge the batteries fully and unhook them. Let them set over night then read the voltage .RXV are real sensitive to the batteries. Also check your connections.
Rhoughton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #10
TheAspec
Gone Wild

I would not say they are complete crap, but they employ newer technology that I believe get's a bad rap. Think about it this way, most people come to forums when something is not working right or they need help with a problem. When was the last time someone joined a forum to sing the praises of a product?

I have no zero issues with mine, a 2008 with original batteries and all original components. I can tell you for a fact though the AC drive is excellent. Torque is very impressive and when I go up a hill the cart only loses about 2 mph.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO