lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
jtb51b
Not Yet Wild

Default Mixing battery VOLTAGES

Would it be ok for test purposes only to take out the 2 bad 6 volts in my "new to me" ez go and add one 12 volt deep cycle battery? This would only be for a few minutes to verify that the rest of the cart is in working order before going off to buy new batts.. Tough to make a 500-600$ investment on a chance it might have a bad motor ETC.. I could also use 3 12 volts from my boat if that would be better. I also want to test the charger for operation as well as the cart. I fully understand how to wire this up for my intentions, either way..

Thanks,
Jason
jtb51b is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Mixing battery VOLTAGES

For testing purposes, 36vdc is 36vdc.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

For that matter, you can mix and match 6v, 8v, and 12v, for testing purposes, as long as you get the desired voltage. It's really just a big set or series 2v cells.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
jtb51b
Not Yet Wild

Well, good news is everything works. Bad news is I have to remove the motor and have the lugs replaced. It was damaged by the previous owner and the have the wires held in place with 4 sets of needle nose vise grips all taped up! Darndest thing I have ever seen.. So, I need to pull the motor off to have a friend straighten it out. How do I remove the motor? It is the three little screws on the end, or does is bolt in from the back? If the back I assume I have to pull the diff cover and drain it. BTW this is a 1993? Resistor cart, 36 volt motor directly coupled to the diff..

Thanks!

Jason
jtb51b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Three small bolts on the outside remove it.
They go through the top of the axle housing into the motor.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:32 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Motor may be repairable. Go to the stickies and download the Owners', Service, and Parts manuals. They tell how to tear the motor apart and check the brushes.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO