lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best cart for speed mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1961 View Post
I have a pds stock motor,stock controller,stock gears,but do have up grade chip (or plug) with 26" tires and mine runs 22 mph............
Mathematically, you should be getting about 27MPH, so you are running out of Amps and/or voltage.
Could be battery pack capacity or maybe cable size, or both.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #12
larry1961
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

you are probaly right I was planning on up grading them both this winter
larry1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #13
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Mathematically, you should be getting about 27MPH, so you are running out of Amps and/or voltage.
Could be battery pack capacity or maybe cable size, or both.
On 23" tires with new batteries, I am running just over 18 mph programmed for mild hill. Without a brake upgrade, I'm not too excited about anything more. 24-25 would be nice with better brakes. I guess those tires are going to take their toll on the stock controller eventually!
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
On 23" tires with new batteries, I am running just over 18 mph programmed for mild hill. Without a brake upgrade, I'm not too excited about anything more. 24-25 would be nice with better brakes. I guess those tires are going to take their toll on the stock controller eventually!
Mild hill is limited to about 3400RPM, which on 23" tires, which is a bit over 18MPH mathematically, so your batteries and cables are are in pretty good condition.

I run in Mild Hill most of the time and get about 15MPH on Carlisle Turf Master tires that are 18.5" tall.

Yeah, your tires will probably take out your controller eventually, but FSIP is putting out some PDS controllers that are 350A, which might stand up a bit better.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #15
larry1961
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
I have ran it for two years on stock controller and has done just fine,but if stock controller goes out that will be a good reason to tell the wife that I need to upgrade
larry1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
CT904
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to all for the advice. Not looking for a hot rod, just want 30mph and would like to get it without taller tires. Can it be done?
CT904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO