lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #21
jonequest
Gone Wild

Default Re: riding again

I bought my chameleon paint from a guy on e-bay. The pictures don't really show it but the cart changes colors and looks pretty cool. I think the whole shebang was under $200 primer, black base coat, chameleon coat, then a good clear coat. Custom automotive quality paint job completed in my backyard for a few bucks. I use a Harbor Freight paint gun and it works great. I just repainted my truck fender last week and it looks perfect.
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #22
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
Hehe, I hear that. Funny, my own cart is an old green, fleet cart. Hard to imagine what all this thing has seen.

So your going to paint this one? Not impressed with the wrap on the old one?
I really liked the wrap and it was very durable, I forget how many times its been through the woods and mud covered. Only thing is that the wrap only covered about 80% of the body. I really want that 2012 dodge challenger color called "green with envy", its $200 a quart and can't afford it right now. This is the color, rims are almost like mine too.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #23
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

HA! An RT stripe on the cart would be cool too.

Seems like you could have something really close mixed at any automotive paint shop for a lot less cash.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #24
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

I'm thinking white racing stripes like on the new camaros. That color is like a translucent color, it looks amazing.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #25
jonequest
Gone Wild

You could definitly do that way cheaper than $200 a quart. Also you coule easily do the whole cart and have leftovers for crashes scratches whatever with even 1 quart. I was also able to paint the motor cover, roof, and my remote keyfob that works my led underlights. I thought of getting one of those fancy smooth dash kits and painting it too. Call around for paint distributors that the small local body shops use. They can recommend a low cost paint "system" (base, clear, hardener, etc) for your needs. Carts are easy tp paint because they are so small and you paint the front and rear halfs seperately. My wife ran her van into the front of mine and I had to repaint it once already. It was not that bad just taking off and pai9nting the front cowl on some sawhorses.

P.S. For translucent stripes you paint the base green, then after it dries mask off all but the stripe area and paint a pearl or greatly diluted white, etc. in with some clear. Then when that dries you overlay the whole thing in clear. I may do some kind of mixed theme on the next body I paint if I ever find another one cheap. That will be another learning experience.
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #26
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Took the cart out when I got home, fully charged and rested batteries. I have an app on my phone called "speedview" and its dead on with my Garmin Nuvi gps. Anywho.....on flat ground, cart runs a solid 24 mph. I'm pretty pleased with that, the same set up in the big cart I was running 28 mph. Big tires definately makes a difference.

Oh yeah, never would have been able to do doughnuts in the yard or leave 2 foot blackmarks on the concrete driveway with the big cart.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #27
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
Anywho.....on flat ground, cart runs a solid 24 mph.
That's real familiar territory, Boke.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO