lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
marts.stpierre
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 2008 RXV steering housing... missing part?

Hi! I am working on a golf course and we own 2008 RVX E-Z-GO golf carts. We bought the carts brand new on 2008 and they have 4 summers of use on our course. Some carts started having problems while driving and turning, so we just figured out the problem was inside of the steering housing where the racks and pinions are meeting. As we teared apart the housing we found that the racks and pinions are still in good working condition, the real problem appears on the side of the housing right under the boot on the driver's side. If we look on the passenger side housing's end, we can see a bushing entering inside the housing to help the rack to stay tight inside helping the rack and pinion to stay right inside each other. On the other side if you take out the boot, there's a big hole making the rack being loose on one side causing it to skip some dents while turning the steering wheel.

My question is : Is this housing's end missing a bushing or another part?? If yes, what is the part # missing so we can order it from the company.

Here's a picture to help you understand out our problem. Sorry for the quality I took it quickly at the end of the day. I can take better pictures tommorow if it can help you to give me an answer.

Thanks a lot for your help!! I did some reseach over the google (where I found that forum) and I can't find a picture with a steering housing teared in parts. Did few searches over that forum and I can't find an answer to my question.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20120920-00218.jpg (200.0 KB, 0 views)
marts.stpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
marts.stpierre
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 RXV steering housing... missing part?

Here's a picture of the housing assembly on the 2008 RXV model to help you out cuz older ezgo model housing's are a bit different than the newer ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg steering housing.jpg (9.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Hamnut
Not Yet Wild

Hi
I had to repair my streeing housing and there is no bushing at that end. In my case I had to replace the bushing at the other end. My problem was the rubber boot failed and sand got into the works. 2009 EZGO
Jan
Hamnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
marts.stpierre
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a lot for your answer!! Really appreciated! I think E-Z-GO should have placed something inside that housing's end because when the bushing on the other side is starting to go off after years of wear, the rack is starting to move through the housing and gets loose on the side without a bushing causing the pinion to skip some teeth while doing hard turns. Happened with 5 of our cart and still counting!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
marts.stpierre
Not Yet Wild

Anyone else who had to open their steering housing on a 07+ Ezgo??

Tags
housing, missing, part, rxv, steering
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO