lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: AG02 DS Won't Shut Off

Yes it was running. I drove it several miles yesterday just to get some run time on it because it has not been used much. Went outside to move it this afternoon and it will not start. Not getting fire.

To recap, yesterday it would run fine and not turn off. Kept running (moving) with foot off pedal. Had to turn key off to make it stop. Sat overnight and today has no spark. SG spinning fine.

I'm thinking the 2 issues have to be related. Thoughts?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2019, 06:14 PM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Kinda seems like a bad ignition kill MS on the throttle cam.
If it's not that then it's the Key switch or a bad wire or connection somewhere in between. You can check for continuity to ground at the microswitch white/black wires with the key switch on and off.
The wire on the side pin should go to the key switch. If you have no continuity there, test the M+ terminal on the key switch.
If you have continuity on the side pin, test the middle pin and work the throttle cam to make sure it changes when the switch opens/closes. If it doesn't change, the MS is bad.

That should be right but it's been a long day. Worst case, microswitches are pretty cheap so you can swap it just for giggles and see what happens.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:03 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Well I got fire. Cart runs with plenty of power. I decided to switch out the bottom micro even though it was clicking. They both looked as though they came with the cart so I switched them both out. I don't have any 2 prong micro switches so so thought I could use 3 prong and just figure out what needed to go where.

Started playing with them and switching things around. As I tell this story I'm still a bit shook up and can't remember if the key switch was on or not. Plugging the wires onto the MS prongs the cart not only fired up but the throttle must have been stuck 1/2 to 3/4 open. Took off throwing me out of the way as I was leaning in there hooking up the wires. Ran through a fence between my property and a convenience store next door. Went about another 40-50 feet and slammed into the side delivery entrance doors and a 12" cinderblock wall. Thank God nobody was parked/walking through that area at a busy time of the day. I'm a bit scraped up but OK.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:52 PM   #14
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Glad to hear you’re ok bud! That’s a scary experience for sure! Definitly not something you expect to happen, but I guess all accidents are like that.

But since nobody got hurt...
Wooooo!!! what a ride!!!!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:05 PM   #15
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

LOL. Yeah. Even with the throttle being out of adjustment. I had to start it with the pedal. But not thinking about the MS having to be clicked "in" as it would be when pedal is released killing the fire, I hooked the wires without the switch being "seated" where they should be in the box and the switch depressed killing the fire. I know it was in gear, the keyswitch must have been on too.

Bet I don't do this again!
Old 06-03-2019, 09:27 PM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Could have been worse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190603_201245997.jpg (617.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190603_200107705.jpg (361.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190603_201322705.jpg (361.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-03-2019, 10:05 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

WOW. Glad you're okay.

Since you're okay, a little levity perhaps... point it at a pond next time and you won't have to worry about the microswitches anymore
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:08 PM   #18
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
WOW. Glad you're okay.

Since you're okay, a little levity perhaps... point it at a pond next time and you won't have to worry about the microswitches anymore
Old 06-04-2019, 06:29 AM   #19
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’m always afraid of this but never had it happen. I’m just as lazy as the rest when it comes to jack stands! Glad you’re ok though...
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:31 AM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I’m always afraid of this but never had it happen. I’m just as lazy as the rest when it comes to jack stands! Glad you’re ok though...
Luke, speaking of.... when you're working on your new ggas toy make sure to use service mode. on the rear of the shifter theres a cam by the microswitches. Pull it out and spin it until it clicks back in. This will let it run in neutral. Once you're done and ready to drive, spin it back around or it wont run while it's in gear. No need for Jack stands

Also good to prank your brother since it wont run while in gear. He'll never figure out why it will run in neutral but wont run in forward or reverse to drive it
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car