lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2020, 07:09 AM   #1
jsmall
Not Yet Wild

Default Vibration

I have an ezgo I put a 18hp Duromax motor in. Stock clutch with the high torque springs front and rear clutches. I have a vibration around mid throttle that comes and goes as you drive. Seems to smooth out under heavy throttle but comes back when you slow down. Also vibrates at slow speeds till you punch it and kick the back clutch in then starts to go away. Could this be a belt tension issue? Or any other ideas what it might be?
jsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2020, 09:34 AM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vibration

Do you have a solid engine mount or the anti vibration mount from Vegascarts ?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
jsmall
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Do you have a solid engine mount or the anti vibration mount from Vegascarts ?
It’s solid. You think I should rubber mount the engine? It’s weird cause sometimes it’s really smooth but other times it vibrates pretty bad.
jsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:43 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I think that is the basic nature of the clones. Only certain rpm ranges are felt. VC did study the issue on EZGO's and did design a mount for them.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:55 PM   #5
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

You said stock clutch - did you use a tapered adapter and cut the crankshaft? Is the clutch running straight and true?
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:43 AM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The single cylinder clone engines seem to have more vibrations than a stock engine for sure. Rubber mounts or isolators will help. Did you modify that engine? Did you take out the counterbalancer?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 03:12 PM   #7
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

I had a weird vibration once with a briggs v twin , turned out it was the rear clutch was shot and was fully engaging sometimes , sometimes it was half engaging where it would grab the belt but would vibrate like hell .

The recent change out I just did was for a 1200 series Ez go long frame, an ST 350. The new cradle didn't lift the engine high enough for the exhaust to clear, the spacers they sent were too little so I ordered rubber engine mounts from
Aircraft Spruce. They have about anything you could ever want lol They kicked it up high enough, plus smoothed out engine vibration.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!