lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2015, 06:38 AM   #11
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1991 Cub Car gas hard starting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterguyz71 View Post
Really appreciate the advise guys. I took the fuel pump apart cleaned it out and the vent on the side. No change, I actually had it running for 20 min left it off for ten minutes went back and couldn't get it started then I noticed gas was dripping out 2 small holes on each end of the muffler. Any thoughts?
If you have fuel dripping from your exhaust, it sounds like your carburetor is flooding. A common cause of that is a bad needle & seat valve in the carb. Fuel these days with alcohol is terrible on parts and issues of this type are common.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2015, 07:43 AM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dflowe View Post
If you have fuel dripping from your exhaust, it sounds like your carburetor is flooding. A common cause of that is a bad needle & seat valve in the carb. Fuel these days with alcohol is terrible on parts and issues of this type are common.
He already said he replaced the whole carb and the problem didn't change. Unless he replaced one carb with a bad needle/seat with a second carb with the same problem, which I suppose is possible. We don't know yet if he bought a brand new carb or just swapped out for a used one laying around his shop.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #13
Waterguyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Replaced the carb with a brand new one. I have spark not making any sound but definaty visible. I did notice when I put a new plug in (twice) it would fire one quick time then the same miserable hard start. I'm just hesitant to spend the money on new coil if it could be any internal issue (valves?) The plug does have gas dripping from it when removed after try to start.
Waterguyz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:26 PM   #14
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Did you ever check compression? Should be between 90 and 120 psi if I remember right.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #15
Waterguyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No I haven't I'll have to pick up a tester and check that.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #16
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Ive had a similar issue with a motor before. As Springbok mentioned, i believe you have a coil issue. Unburned gas on spark plug, gas dripping out exhaust...
Motor seems to run better when hot versus cold....The hard starts sound like they could be coming from a "flooded" condition in which the piston is pulling in fuel into the combustion chamber and the spark isn't igniting it...as you continue to crank....allowing more and more fuel to enter, cannot ignite, then is pushed unburned out the exhaust and soon collects out the muffler.
If this is the original motor, then you got a 24 year old coil assembly.

Also, check your oil for gas. Chances are, if you have excess unburned fuel coming out the exhaust, you may also have some dripping down pass the rings into the crankcase.
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:25 PM   #17
Waterguyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Compression was 110 so I'm ordering a coil. Good call on the oil I could smell gas in it. Really appreciate the help guys I'll let you know how the coil works.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:29 PM   #18
DRAGSHOVEL
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm getting the exact opposite problem you had. I've got fuel spitting out the front of the carb. Any Ideas? Its also a 91 CC DS
DRAGSHOVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:10 PM   #19
adloos
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey Waterguyz, Wondering if you had a chance to try that new coil?
My 91 is driving me nuts and cannot figure out the same issue. If I do get it running, it runs great! The minute it idles down, then I back to cranking for a while before I can get it running again. Any suggestions would be great also.
thx! New to the forum, lots and lots of good information.
adloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:00 PM   #20
Waterguyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

First coil I ordered never shipped (that's what I get for going with cheapest on the next) the second one should be here Monday. I'll defiantly post my results. New to the site myself!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car