lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2015, 11:01 AM   #1
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default carb questions

I have a 96 carryall with the fe 290, yesterday after taking my daughter to the bus stop its suddenly cut off after several attempts to restart I realized it wasn't going to start and gas was dripping from the carb. Well this morning having time to work on it the first thing I did was remove the breather hose and about half a quart of gas poured out. I then realized why it wasn't starting it was flooded in a big way. I pulled the plug cranked it over and the gas hit the windshield several times. so got that out. To the carb pulled it removed the bowel thinking the floats stuck, played with it put it back together re-attached the fuel line cranked on it gas came shooting out a new hole that didn't have any line on it that I remember and most certainly did not remove one this morning. I have a diagram that shows this line but not where it goes to and I'm still not sure I have the fuel issue solved. The line in question is #2/#3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carburetor_install_fe290.jpg (84.6 KB, 0 views)
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default Re: carb questions

Okay just put everything back together reinstalled the carb started right up but still have to much gas to the point its dripping out the carburetor air intake side. I am also still looking to know where the hose in the pic above ends up must have this same carb setup and could look under the seat
Old 08-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #3
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is that the over flow tube?
When the bowl fills up & the float doesn't stop the fuel it'll dump it out
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #4
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
Is that the over flow tube?
When the bowl fills up & the float doesn't stop the fuel it'll dump it out
Yes I believe it is, does it need to go anywhere?
Old 08-22-2015, 06:37 PM   #5
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

just run it down out of the way so it pukes on the ground.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:09 PM   #6
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafarer12 View Post
just run it down out of the way so it pukes on the ground.
Thanks I figured it out after searching around but I still got a leak after re assembly although the cart is running I think I still got a float issue as I still have evidence of excessive fuel. I have pulled the fuel supply line off the carb to prevent the fuel tank from possibly draining into the motor again as it did yesterday. Should I just replace the carb or can someone give me some advice the float seems to function as it should, what am I missing
Old 08-25-2015, 09:09 PM   #7
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have learned with these things don't spend a whole lot of time trying to fix the carbs. If you try a couple of times and can't get it worked out. Trash it and get a new one. A lot less headache.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car