lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2015, 08:52 AM   #1
rwhick
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Pulse Pump Problem

I have a 1989 Club Car with a gas engine. The pulse pump does not appear to be working. There are two filters on the line, one before the pump and one after the pump. Neither show gas in them. I have installed a new pump and carburetor. The line from the oil chamber to the pump is clear and you can feel the pulse in it. I have also tried using the hose from the side of the engine that goes to the air filter and that does not work. The cylinder compression is 60. The engine will start but will not increase in speed unless I hold my hand over the air intake to the carburetor and restrict the air flow.
rwhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2015, 09:22 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Club Car Pulse Pump Problem

Welcome to BGW

The cylinder compression at 60. Is bad should be 150, check the valve adjustment
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:10 PM   #3
rwhick
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I will pull the head and check it out.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:50 PM   #4
rwhick
Not Yet Wild

Ok. I pulled the head. The valves do not look too bad and the cylinder is free of scratches. I know I have to check the valve clearance in the compartment on the side of the block but do not know the gap clearance. Can anyone help with those specs. Also there is a lot of carbon buildup on the head. Does that mean the rings are bad?
Old 09-27-2015, 12:47 AM   #5
bigcee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How hard is it to pull the head? I might be getting into this mess myself.
bigcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:26 AM   #6
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhick View Post
.... I have installed a new...carburetor....., but will not increase in speed unless I hold my hand over the air intake to the carburetor and restrict the air flow.
60psi I'm guessing you got some issues, but lets do the cheap and easy stuff first ...

How did you set the fuel flow on the new (??cheap or OEM??) carb? Might be so simple as increasing the fuel mixture.

Very lightly spray some carb cleaner in front of the intake (not into.) If the speed increases then turn the mixture up a 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Keep doing it until the speed does not increase. Then see what you got.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 10:22 AM   #7
rwhick
Not Yet Wild

Pulling the head is not too difficult other than taking out a Lot of bolts. Changing the mixture did not help. In fact the only way to increase the speed was to hold your hand over the air intake on the carburetor. So I pulled the head and reseated the valves. Have also ordered a set of rings and head gasket. After I have it back together I will post if that helps. Other than that I do not know what else to do.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:23 PM   #8
sledparts
Not Yet Wild

might have a valve sticking open and not sealing up - I have had this problem on several carts
sledparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:19 PM   #9
rwhick
Not Yet Wild

Well, I reseated the valves and replaced the rings. Engine started right up and runs great even with the cjeap carburetor. Thanks for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car