lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2019, 03:46 PM   #1
TomahawkHills
Not Yet Wild

Default "Freedom Mode" unlock for Danaher Handheld Service Tools

Hi everyone,

I just bought a golf course, and it came with 21 electric club cars and 11 EZ-GO RXVs. I just found a silver Danaher "Handheld Service Tool", and it appears to work.

My question is; can I unlock the "freedom mode" option on the Danaher controller to allow me to adjust the EZ-GO carts to 19.5mph? If not, is there someone that can do this for me? There appears to be some sort of password to unlock those options.

Thanks in advance, and I'm sure I'll be posting here many more times for help with all these carts!
TomahawkHills is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2019, 03:56 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: "Freedom Mode" unlock for Danaher Handheld Service Tools

There is a 5 digit password and I don't know if it is handheld based or generic. Either way I don't remember what it is anyway. Someone might come along who knows.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:26 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Mine doesn't need a password (there is one, but no one at EZ will tell you, but under a different menu--and I'm not sure what having it would unlock to be honest)

The Danahar handheld, to speed up a car, go to setup performance, and scroll all the way down to where it says Freedom 2 19 MPH. tap enter a few times and right arrow (mine's membrane keypad is dying so I tap them multiple times to be sure) and power car down and back on, and go back to Setup Performance and ensure it is highlighting Freedom 19 MPH. Unlike a Curtis, I don't think access levels are present on these handhelds.

I've gotten the 'enter password' prompt also a few times during powerup, just after the EZGO logo, and a failing controller or bad connection to the plug can cause this.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:20 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

It depends upon the handset, some require 5 digit passwords and some require 6 digit passwords. There are 2 passwords, one for 17.5 MPH (Freedom 1) and one for 19.5 MPH (Freedom 2). If your handset does not require a password to be set, someone already preloaded the passwords into it prior to you getting it.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:20 AM   #5
iainlbc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomahawkHills View Post
Hi everyone,

I just bought a golf course, and it came with 21 electric club cars and 11 EZ-GO RXVs. I just found a silver Danaher "Handheld Service Tool", and it appears to work.

My question is; can I unlock the "freedom mode" option on the Danaher controller to allow me to adjust the EZ-GO carts to 19.5mph? If not, is there someone that can do this for me? There appears to be some sort of password to unlock those options.

Thanks in advance, and I'm sure I'll be posting here many more times for help with all these carts!

Had to double take that as i was sure you meant “bought a golf cart” [emoji23]

Where is your course/what’s it called? Congrats! (Sorry, no idea what the password is, new here as well [emoji106])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iainlbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 02:21 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

As a wild guess, try 14111, or 41444, just wild numbers based on probabilities of possible numbers you could try. A random number generator got me to those answers. Could also possibly be 3.14159. I don't think it locks you out for too many failed attempts. Is ezgo still offering any service to Danaher rxv's?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:51 AM   #7
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
It depends upon the handset, some require 5 digit passwords and some require 6 digit passwords. There are 2 passwords, one for 17.5 MPH (Freedom 1) and one for 19.5 MPH (Freedom 2). If your handset does not require a password to be set, someone already preloaded the passwords into it prior to you getting it.
On mine, under Options, entering that menu (which is near the bottom of the menu, nowhere near Setup Performance) will make a password prompt come up. I never know what it would do if i had it, but doing anything under performance doesn't make me enter one. I can't find any info from EZ (they are hush hush) that would even explain what that menu would do if i could enter into it. I think it's Options Unlock.

CGtech, If you enter too many wrong passwords in a row the handheld will cease to function--at least, EZ did tell me that! When i discovered the options menu on mine I tried things like 0 0 0 0 (mine under options requires a four-digit password but it's not needed for speeding up, I honestly don't have any clue what it would do if i could unlock it) and 1234 but after i got "Password Incorrect! 1 attempt remaining!" I gave up. Later called EZgo and they told me they are legally unable to provide the password (and told me the handheld I got, I was NEVER supposed to have gotten!) and after 5 failed attempts to enter the options password, the handheld would no longer work. Whether or not the options menu if unlocked would provide more control over the Danahar software I have no idea. I expect I'd gain access to torque and other more sensitive settings.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 11:07 AM   #8
sc.rider
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainlbc View Post
Had to double take that as i was sure you meant “bought a golf cart” [emoji23]

Where is your course/what’s it called? Congrats! (Sorry, no idea what the password is, new here as well [emoji106])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure the course is his or her user name. If you Google that you will get several hits.

While Freedom mode is fun, I'm not sure unlocking that for customers would be a good thing. You'd probably have happy golfers but several damaged carts or injuries.....
sc.rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #9
popeyeracing1
Not Yet Wild

Do you still have the danaher handheld and if so would you be willing to sell it?
popeyeracing1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19.5mph, danaher, freedom mode
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO