lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2020, 09:13 AM   #331
BLK MAJK
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Basic Nissan Leaf 7 module Lithium setup with Generic Chinese BMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Most of those Chinese charges are the same generic model with a private label on top.

The diagram on their site shows a trimpot that may be for voltage adjustment but you should ask the seller if the charger output voltage is adjustable as some models are not.
I agree about them probably all being the same. Unfortunately, when I checked the shipping costs, they want $31 for shipping, so that kind of ruins the deal. I guess I'll keep looking. On a good note, I just ordered everything on your list from page 1 with the exception of the stuff from tech direct, the charger and the BMS....but I plan to order the BMS in the next couple minutes (assuming thats still the one you would recommend). I told myself I would wait until winter for this project, but I may as well get the minor and slow boat stuff rolling now

EDIT: I just found this charger that looks again to be the same, but this one has a better picture of the circuit board and it looks to be extremely similar yours with the VR2 pot and the shipping is only $6.32, so $94.32 total. It even says it has "earthquake resistance"!
BLK MAJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2020, 09:49 AM   #332
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That looks very similar to what I have plus the all important "earthquake resistance" feature

The small BMS (20 amps minimum) with Bluetooth module is still a good option.

PingEye3 on post #301 has a link to a nice complete drawing showing the charger negative going through the BMS C- terminal
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:18 PM   #333
BLK MAJK
Not Yet Wild

The charger showed up today! 2 weeks from date of order on Ali. Was trying go figure out what voltage to set it at. I have a series cart, so no regen to worry about. I was thinking 4.1v per cell, so 57.4vdc. Seem reasonable? Too aggressive? Too conservative?

Its 53.3vdc out of the box

Edit: I can't get the voltage above 53.3. I checked it with 2 different meters (one being a Fluke). I can get it to go down, but it won't rise. Its on the bench not hooked to anything. Board is extremely similar to yours. Potato pic from tablet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20201022_195046.jpg (150.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-22-2020, 07:12 PM   #334
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That voltage table listed on the link you provided is confusing but it could just be poor Chinese translation.

That trim-pot near the LEDs should be the correct one, Did You try charging the pack yet just in case that particular charger has a higher output when loaded?

Keep the fluke voltmeter on the pack during the first charge.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:43 PM   #335
BLK MAJK
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That voltage table listed on the link you provided is confusing but it could just be poor Chinese translation.

That trim-pot near the LEDs should be the correct one, Did You try charging the pack yet just in case that particular charger has a higher output when loaded?

Keep the fluke voltmeter on the pack during the first charge.
I wondered if that may be a possibility... My cells haven't been delivered yet, so I can't test that theory quite yet. It is definitely marked 58.8 in 2 different spots, so I'm hoping that's the case. My terminal screws from tech direct were delivered yesterday, but no cells yet. I was super excited when the tracking said delivered and SUPER bummed when I found out it was the screws
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201022_203849_copy_2016x980.jpg (553.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-26-2020, 05:41 AM   #336
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

My pack is set at 58.3v. I will get between 58v and 58.3. My cell voltage is 4.19 balanced v is 4.17. Been running this for 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:24 AM   #337
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you have a non-Regen series cart, I believe it's OK at 58.3V. Regen carts need a little top room for Regen with a full pack.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:06 PM   #338
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

My experience is any charge over 57V disappears really fast. Like to my barn and back. Rumor is those extra few hundredth of a volt do have a significant impact on battery life (25%?). So 3% more runtime at the expense of ~25% battery life. I've settled on 4.08-4.09V cell range. 55.x V is where my cart spends half its run time.
ACCLR8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:24 PM   #339
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I keep all of my cells at or below 4.1V at max charge. That is about 95% capacity. I turned the voltage down on my charger to accomplish this.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:49 PM   #340
trevinom
Not Yet Wild

I am so jealous of you guys. I've tried to make sense of all these diagrams and instructions, but I guess i'm just dumb.

Any videos you guys can recommend that does this?
I have purchased 6 of those Leaf modules and was thinking of hooking them up to my 2017 Precedent Club Car.

Then I start reading about how to bypass to OBC, regening , needing a new charger for the lithium batteries and hooking up the BMS and my brain exploded.

Maybe a video would ease the pain?
trevinom is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car