lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #11
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Re: 4-12 volt Battery Pack Run Times compared to 6 8 volt

OKm so my wife took the cart to work today and here's what we have so far.

This is the DS 36V resistor cart on 48V with a PQ motor, 6 Johnson Control 8V batteries, mostly running full speed around here.
After 15.7 miles of driving--pack volts = 50.0 exactly..after 30 mins. sitting time, or at 80%

Sounds pretty good to me so far, I am going to keep logging miles and not recharge until it hits 50% voltage or so and post how many miles it went.
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #12
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

We're not driving as much since we're visiting attractions, etc. but here are the last 2 GPS readings. All in all we can easily get over 2 hours on the pack based on the current readings and the first reading showing 2.2 hours with the type of usage we do so I'm very happy with the results so far.

The attached pics had 50.89 left on the meter and the one with 27.2 mph had 49.6 left on the meter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0964.jpg (54.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0970.jpg (46.1 KB, 7 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #13
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

OK so after 4 days of wife taking cart back and forth to work which is 15.? miles of almost W.O.T.--consistently getting 49.9? of pack voltage when she gets back home, which is 80%. With that said, it seems we could go about 35 to 40 miles before hitting 50% discharge, right? or does the voltage drop exponentially after a point?? I thinks that pretty good considering the very in-efficient type resistor coil setup. I would say that these Walmart batteries are doing pretty good for now, but I DO UNDERSTAND the longevity issue of these batteries....I will post back in three years on that issue
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #14
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordlawn View Post
OK so after 4 days of wife taking cart back and forth to work which is 15.? miles of almost W.O.T.--consistently getting 49.9? of pack voltage when she gets back home, which is 80%. With that said, it seems we could go about 35 to 40 miles before hitting 50% discharge, right? or does the voltage drop exponentially after a point?? I thinks that pretty good considering the very in-efficient type resistor coil setup. I would say that these Walmart batteries are doing pretty good for now, but I DO UNDERSTAND the longevity issue of these batteries....I will post back in three years on that issue

I don't believe I could get anymore then the low 30's on a charge and that’s mostly full out. Driving around Ft Wilderness with some slight hilly roads and lots of stops for traffic and folks that 32 mark is about right. Today I went 25 miles and ended with a pack voltage of 49 or around 60% after 2 hours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0971.jpg (51.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #15
scubabud

Club Car

Last reading at the Fort before we came back home the next moring. Did hit 28.1 mph, (full pack,) and had just over 2 hours total on the pack with 49.9 pack voltage after sitting for 15 minutes. Bottom line, always enough voltage left to give you over 2 hours if and when you needed it. Overall was very happy with all results...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0973.jpg (44.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-11-2009, 08:01 AM   #16
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here are some notes I took a few months ago. This was done just to test batt longevity and done at wot except for turns and what have you. It was over 5 times around the block which is 3mi around. Also done all at once, It appears that you may be doing better when cart is stopped for an hour or two at a time.

1/27/09
started out with 51.7v and 20psi in tires, went 17mi
meter read 44+ volts while @ full throttle on flat ground, 46 volts at rest once back here.
Got up to 18& 19 mph, according to gps time was 1hr 5min, avg speed 15mph, 07 trojan t865
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:38 AM   #17
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim C View Post
Here are some notes I took a few months ago. This was done just to test batt longevity and done at wot except for turns and what have you. It was over 5 times around the block which is 3mi around. Also done all at once, It appears that you may be doing better when cart is stopped for an hour or two at a time.

1/27/09
started out with 51.7v and 20psi in tires, went 17mi
meter read 44+ volts while @ full throttle on flat ground, 46 volts at rest once back here.
Got up to 18& 19 mph, according to gps time was 1hr 5min, avg speed 15mph, 07 trojan t865
I also have seen voltage readings in the 44's when at full throttle with a low battery pack, (50%.) One thing I also noticed was that when I stopped and read the digital meter, that voltage was .5 to .7 less then after it sat for 10-15 minutes. Lastly I actually got the most miles on record, (32+,) and 2 hrs and 20 some minutes by going more full throttle and without many stops. That time my pack voltage ended at 48.4 volts.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #18
cartboy
Gone Wild

I heard today that there is litigation concerning the 12-volt batteries. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet about it.

Anyone know anything?
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #19
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

I checked at Wal Mart and couldnt even find 8vlt batteries. What gives? Does anyone have part numbers to ask for?
gsxrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #20
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrfan View Post
I checked at Wal Mart and couldnt even find 8vlt batteries. What gives? Does anyone have part numbers to ask for?
As far as I know WalMart doesn't carry GC batteries, just Sam's Club.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car