lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2020, 07:37 PM   #1
itsmeheather
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2005 Yamaha G22E wont go

Okay I have a 2005 Yamaha G22E just bought it for 800$ the guy said it didn't run. Checked it over found a broken wire to tow/go switch. Paid the guy 800$ reached in jumped the switch and drove it on the trailer. The guy laughed said well (few other choice words) and said "a deals a deal" shook my hand and away I went. Got it home charged it up fixed the wiring and replaced the tow/run switch. Took it out the our seasonal campsite where we drove it for 5 days with only one small issue. when the accelerator was pressed it had a slight hesitation. Brought it home after 5 days of driving. I went to drive it around the house to the garage and it just died. shut it off flipped tow/go switch nothing. no click

Checked the batteries right there each individual battery had 8.4v the series was 50.4. I thought well the math adds up we're all good there. so try again.... flip on forward...… Nothing. Like taking a basset hound for a walk, it ain't moving.

So I test the tow go switch in tow … 50.4 in nothing out.. I thought well that's good. Go 50.4 in and 50.4 out … I thought that's good too. lets try again.. NOTHING

Well lets test the solenoid.. big wire in from battery 50.4v.... little wire red 50.4 black wire 50.4 (this is were I scratch my head and swear cause I don't know poop bout this and its 92 degrees in the middle of the yard) I shrug cause my little 3amp fuse is happy. so I try again .. NOTHING.. so I test big wire out to controller.. Big Fat 0v … (more Cuss words) so flip switches, push pedals still 0v.. Ordered a new solenoid and guess what? Deja Vue… Repeated the whole process no click, 50.4 in and 0v out. replaced the stop switch too and it changed nothing.

What could it be? Would a bad potentiometer cause the solenoid not to kick in? Help!! my basset hound just sits on the seat staring at me with evil eyes cause his massive hover round stopped going.

Here is what I have tested so far

Ignition switch
Key Off
red/yellow = 50.4v ... red/white=0v
Key On
red/yellow=50.4v ... red/white=50.4v

Key on in forward tested stop switch
50.4 on both with no change when pedal pressed

key on forward/reverse switch
yellow=50.4v
white=50.4v
red/yellow=50.4 all the time

out of solenoid connector with out pedal pressed
red/black = 50.4v
at controller
red/black=50.4v with out pedal pressed

both small terminals on solenoid
50.4v with out pedal pressed
itsmeheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2020, 07:48 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2005 Yamaha G22E wont go

Since the controller isnt supplying B- to the small black wire, it may be bad. Does the cart beep when in reverse? Does it beep & resist motion when pushed around? (If the reverse buzzer has never worked, check under the front nose to see that its plugged in).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:07 PM   #3
itsmeheather
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

the reverse buzzer is gone :( i can push the cart myself in tow. Do you want me to try to push it in reverse?

just tried ... I cant push it forward no matter what direction the switch is set...
Old 07-27-2020, 08:26 PM   #4
itsmeheather
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Start stop switch was out of adjustment now reads 0v out until pedal is pressed then reads 50.4v. Cart still will not move.someone Please help.. i would gladly take this to a cart repair shop but the closest one is an hour n a half away.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:46 PM   #5
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Reverse buzzer is $10 and available in 1 day on amazon...
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:39 PM   #6
itsmeheather
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So I got my hands on a service manual follow the troubleshooting guide and end on bad controller. Now I'm worried I'm gonna order the wrong one. Its a Moric ju2-h6510-22. Just wanna go with as close to original no upgrades. We're do i get one
Old 07-31-2020, 01:23 AM   #7
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Post in the parts section here for want to buy

EBAY

Pay a tiny bit more for an alltrax
Old 08-07-2020, 09:12 PM   #8
itsmeheather
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I got a new alltrax controller, installed it now it just sits and jerks inching forwards and I don't hear the solenoid clicking. Been in contact with alltrax cause it blinks one green 2 reds but batteries are well above at 51.6v. Between my schedule and the time difference communicating with alltrax is a slow process. I have checked everything over and over numerous times and all is good. Alltrax is thinking it is a program issue. So while I am waiting for them to contact me back I decide to pull the one sensor I haven't replaced yet, the speed sensor on the motor and found the magnet broken into 5 little pieces. My question is would this cause the problem I am having?
Old 08-07-2020, 09:30 PM   #9
itsmeheather
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I got a new alltrax controller, installed it now it just sits and jerks inching forwards and I don't hear the solenoid clicking. Been in contact with alltrax cause it blinks one green 2 reds but batteries are well above at 51.6v. Between my schedule and the time difference communicating with alltrax is a slow process. I have checked everything over and over numerous times and all is good. Alltrax is thinking it is a program issue. So while I am waiting for them to contact me back I decide to pull the one sensor I haven't replaced yet, the speed sensor on the motor and found the magnet broken into 5 little pieces. My question is would this cause the problem I am having?
Old 08-08-2020, 08:32 AM   #10
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Maybe... go into alltrax software and turn the speed limiter off (rpm limit). Test again. I am thinking faulty solenoid, bad motor brushes, etc. I would definitely get an HD solenoid anyhow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha