lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Default Exhaust sickening

I have an 89' EZGO marathon with the 244 robins. My stock muffler is missing the tailpipe section, so the exhaust exits into the seat compartment and migrates right up into your nose. 1)Is there going to be any relief if I replace the muffler with another stock one or 2)is there any aftermarket muffler with even a longer tailpipe?

Thanks in advance
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Exhaust sickening

The cheapest solution would be to find a friend who can weld (doesn't even have to be that good) and have them weld on a pipe that suits your needs. No new muffler needed.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Did the weld job myself. Added about 6-8inches of 1 inch pipe angling downward and back away from the seat compartment. Also found out the exhaust manifold bolts were loose which contributed some too and also caused it to backfire. All is well now. Hardly no smell and the wife will ride with me and the dogs again.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:28 AM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I would inspect the tray that the muffler is mounted in as well as the mounts at the bottom of the engine for cracking. The 2 smoke vibrates excessively and leads to cracking around the engine mounting plate as well as the associated muffler mounting system. You may find that the reason the exhaust stack (manifold) was loose is due to this vibration. Once tightened, the stack may crack on you. Good luck!
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:40 AM   #5
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Yeah all that was loose. Tightened the muffler shelf bolts to get rid of the annouying rattle.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #6
jimwalter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moretoy View Post
I have an 89' EZGO marathon with the 244 robins. My stock muffler is missing the tailpipe section, so the exhaust exits into the seat compartment and migrates right up into your nose. 1)Is there going to be any relief if I replace the muffler with another stock one or 2)is there any aftermarket muffler with even a longer tailpipe?

Thanks in advance
go to local muffler shop I had same problem they were able to adapt a muffler to mine I have an 1988 marathon
jimwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Just be careful of adapting an auto muffler......the original muffler was designed in such a way as to provide a specific amount of back pressure to the 2 stroke engine. Your performance could suffer if you alter that too much.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO