lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
Teddyca
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking to make my gasser street legal. Need electrical advise. Anyone take on this??

So I thought it would be a great idea to sell my actually buggy and get a cart that my family and I could enjoy while camping. Found the perfect cart lifted with all the goodies. Well needless to say I have taken it camping with my 4 times now and ALL four parks have said. NO WAY register it. :( So now the good part. The guy I bought it from obviously had the same idea. While he installed headlights, fog lights up front and has them wired to a switch up front he never got to the rear lights. Cool part is their are 4 red LED round lights mounted in the rear just not wired up, and up front 2 amber lights under the headlights for turn signals also not wired up. SO I have the lighting now its time for wiring 101. Here are my questions.

Where can I find and turn signal switch with needed relays?

How would I connect break lights? Do they need to brighten when I apply the emergancy break or just be on? I figure I can wire them to the headlights so they are always one.

Once I get the lighting and the scatter shield am I good?
Teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Looking to make my gasser street legal. Need electrical advise. Anyone take on th

Street legal depends on which state you live in, the rules vary.
Most states won't register a cart without a 17 digit VIN and you can't get one from the manufacturer and yet some areas withing a state seem to be registering these without issues. It's a dog's breakfast.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO