lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
rfont54
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G2 to G9 upgrade

I want to replace my G2 Igniter with a G9 Igniter, as I understand this will eliminate the rev limiter. I need to know the wire colors for both and where they go so I make the correct connections. Does anyone have experience with this?
rfont54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
chompy
Getting Wild

Default Re: G2 to G9 upgrade

I have done this before but it has been a while. The newer ignitor has a pigtail of colored wires. Most of the wires will match the wires on the wiring harness of the G-2 with the exception of a couple. Don't worry about those wires as they are for the oil warning light that the G-9 doesn't have. You will have to cut off the connectors and splice the wires that match. I have done it and it works. Good luck.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
rfont54
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Do you think I could leave the old box attached to the oil light indicator and just reroute the other wires
rfont54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
chompy
Getting Wild

Going off of memory here...... I think the only two wires left over would be a solid red wire, being a hot wire, and a black/red wire. The TCI just does a loop with these two wires. You could just connect these wires and it would complete the oil warning circut.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha