lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
SoCal
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Front & Rear hitches for Gas G9?

I would like to add front & rear trailer hitches to my Gas G9. The rear looks pretty simple (attach to bumper) but I haven't found a good solution for the front.

Does anyone make these items?

PK
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front & Rear hitches for Gas G9?

Not much availiable for G2/G9's,Gotta just be creative.Some stuff may adapt easily,or just build what you need.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
BEYTILL
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Simple for the front. Put a Jakes long travel lift on. It's got the hitch built in it.
BEYTILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
SoCal
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

This cart is used for driving around an aircraft hangar... long travel kit is kinda a pricey way to go :)
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Check out my post "The Wifes' Toy Is Ready",I've been building Yamaha kits with the 2" Receiver-Tube.If you can do the work,Its' about $50 in materials for the entire lift-kit.You can build as low as 4-1/2" lift with this setup.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I made a rear hitch for mine, used a piece of plate (bar stock I think 5/16 x 3? Because I put a hole for a ball and another hole in the corner for garden carts). I bolted it through the frame behind the bumper and welded some little angles to the sides to attach to bottom of bumper. I also bent some rod in a U shape and welded it to the bottom side to use as a tow or tie down hook. In the front I bent a 3/4 rod and welded it to the arm brackets for the same purpose, but no hitch in front. Find a little welding shop or farm repair place they should be able to whip something up for you, all you need is drill some holes and bolt it on, its pretty simple. I should cut those angles off but never did. I wanted the hitch level so I just added them on last and welded them in the right spot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oct 2010 021.jpg (190.9 KB, 0 views)
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha