lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2012, 12:59 AM   #1
makobuggie
Gone Wild

Default 81 g1 carb adjust, wire harness

What is the air, gas, adjusting setting? Screw in and back off 2 1/2 times? For air in gas ? And i want to rewire my cart with the same color codeing wheres the best place to buy the wire? Thanks.
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 81 g1 carb adjust, wire harness

The air/fuel screw is only for the idle. I always run it all the way in, back it off one turn, start it and idle and adjust while running. Remove your belts before hand so you can run the engine without engaging the clutch and watch your hands. Adjust it until it idles smooth.

As far as the wires, it would be expensive to buy a new harness if you could even find one. I would buy a used spare harness and just change all the connections and rewrap it. The wires typically don't fail unless they melt or get physically damaged. If you wanted to replace wires one at a time just do it carefully, but that's a tedious job. As far as a souce? Any wires that are the same gauge and strand type will work. Electrical wire suppliers should be able to help.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha