lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default G2 carb upgrade

So I've figured out through some very extensive testing that my carb is shot. I was never really happy with it in the first place. Any one know a good upgrade carb to swap on?
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 carb upgrade

I doubt it would help, my stock cart will go as fast at 75% carb opening as all the way open.....both 30mph gps on pavement. I've never had a problem with my carb on a G9, I did hog the jet out so I could run a modded air box. I took out most things but the filter in there. You could use some kind of motorcycle carb but may have to jet it. I would not bother, just find a used one.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

shure why not, isn't this what it's all about? trying diffrent things for the heck of it? just measure the ID of the intake side and the bolt pattern and go on mikuni's web site and look, or find a junker atv or something.
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Well I have found my solution. Picked up a Briggs 12hp engine of local classifieds for $55 and heard it run on first pull. Dropping that in later this week.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

That is cheap enough. I paid 250 for my clone 15hp, they really wake up a cart compared to stock. I think the problem with the yami engine is the tiny exhaust port, so you either put a larger cam in it or have to port and weld the head. There is not enough room to port it much without welding it up. I can't even stick my pinky finger through it and I don't have fat fingers lol.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sho I was going to look up and see if you diagramed your wiring for the double pole double throw relay to the ignition. I spent today wire brushing and painting the briggs. It runs so dang good. First pull start every time and just humms. If you would be so kind I would love to see how the starter/gen gets wired up and everything I want to use that peddle start/stop.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I left all the cart wiring intact, then since the cart ran a 12v ignition and the lawn engine was self powered...I simply ran a bosch relay off the coil power wire (what used to be the yamaha coil wire that goes 12v to run, off the pedal) and had it trip the relay. Then I wired the other side of the relay to ground and the lawn engine coil wire (that kills it when to ground). I wired it to kill it all the time (connected) Unless the relay is powered then it runs. Its in my thread towards the end I think.
Its on page 11 but does not say much. Just look up bosch relay on the net it shows how to wire them, they are very common. But use the other 5th pin that is on all the time. The coil part of the relay you wire from the 12v that comes on with the pedal and other one to ground.

Tags
carb, swap
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha