lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
tgott09
Not Yet Wild

Default Snowmobile Engine In a Yamaha Cart

I just bought an older Yamaha golf cart and I am looking to put a snowmobile engine in it. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what kind of motor i should put in it and what would be the easiest? I am currently looking at a Suzuki electric start engine would that be a good fit for the cart? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
tgott09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2012, 04:12 AM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Snowmobile Engine In a Yamaha Cart

How old is the Yamaha? What model?? If it's a G1, the engine runs backwards for reverse. How are you going to get reverse with the snowmobile engine?
How are your fab skills? You'll need to make your own engine mounts and you'll likely have to make your own exauhst..........
Where are you going to use the cart? If it's for the campground, it's going to be too loud.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Snowmobile Engine In a Yamaha Cart

In the "Bigblock" section, there is a section just for snowmobile swaps. Those gues have done some amazing work You should check them out.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha