lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: g1 torque issue???

I would hold off on the power kit unless you are dead set on getting it because after you put new crankseals in it you will have a lot more power and your cart will feel new again. It's not to bad to replace them. You will need a clutch puller bolt and a harmonic balancer puller for the flywheel. Do a search and you will find some threads with good pictures. Good luck.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The seals leak X amount so the slower the engine runs the worse they will be.

I agree just fix the seals and clean/lube the clutches, a new belt helps a lot if its worn, and see where you are at before you get a clutch kit. I never ran one and pulled boats out of lakes, but I did mod the clutch a little. I stretched the spring out some figuring it was old lol, but it is still in there. Also check the engine mounts and tension cable if it has one, they make a difference on holeshot for sure. If the engine moves toward the trans under torque, it will screw up how the cvt shifts.

I drilled the weights in my clutch and it didn't help much. I messed with the spring in the secondary and the preload. Finally I ground the ramps down on the lower section in lower gearing. That helped it up to 5-10mph for sure and that was the only problem area, it shifts fine at mid and high speeds. I also put a new tension calbe on and got it adjusted right. I gps the cart at top speed over and over. I went up a steep little hill from a dead stop and tighter the cable was the better it went up it. At some point I lost top speed, so I backed the cable off a little and it was a pretty nice setup. It would rev up going up that little hill then.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #13
dakotahunter12
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I stopped and talked the dealer who did the tune up, they said the seals where $40 and they had to pull the motor to do it which could be a total of 4 shop hours. They also thought I should put a piston in it if I was pulling the engine. Unfortunetly I don't have time to work on it myself and by the sounds of it it maybe a bigger project then I want to get involved with. Should a guy put a piston in it?
dakotahunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If you don't have to work on the crank case, 2 strokes are about the easiest thing there is. But if you put a piston and rings in you should hone the cylinder some for the new rings. You would need to know the size, if it has been bored before it will be an oversize piston/rings.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha