lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
rlester
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Secondary clutch adjustment on G14

I started taking my motor apart yesterday after the kids ran it all day and then the cart wouldn't move. The engine would rev, but it would barely move. Turns out the belt is at 27mm, so it needs to be changed. The engine is burning oil, so I started taking it apart at that point.

Regarding the secondary, I noticed the spring is not seated in a hole on the outer sheave. Is this why it wouldn't move? I put it in neutral and the belt seemed to ride up in the primary, but didn't do much in the secondary.

Whats the best way to get the nut off the secondary? I set the brake, but that doesn't seem to hold it still enough to torque on it.
rlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
Bogatzi
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Secondary clutch adjustment on G14

Try the Sticky: Torque Kit Instructions posted by Spriddle. You will need a special tool (puller) to get the inner sheave off. I followed these steps when I replaced my secondary clutch and they worked like a charm.
Bogatzi
Bogatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Bogatzi
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hope these pictures help.
Bogatzi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6207.JPG (81.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6213.JPG (138.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6214.JPG (108.7 KB, 0 views)
Bogatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Look closely where the clutch-helix hub sits against the housing.If its' very close,the snap-ring popped and you need an Input-Shaft Spacer.This is very common.Also,If you look at the clutch-ramps,they should be resting about 1/2" over each other,when the snap-ring pops,the hub will walk back towards the housing,and the ramps will slip past each other instead of contacting and sliding up/down the ramp as it shifts.By not seeing the spring in the sheave-hole,I would say either the hub walked,or the spring broke.My money is on the Snap-Ring failure/hub-walking.To pull the sheave,remove the center-nut,get a steering-wheel puller and (2) 6mm. x 1.0x 3-1/2" bolts.Screw them into the 2 holes on the hub of the sheave,push against the shaft with the forcing-screw(with a point on it).It will pop right off,then remove the Woodruff-Key and the Inner-Sheave will slide off.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
rlester
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

This is excellent, I will try this tomorrow. Thanks.

Just have to find a manual somewhere....
rlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

The stock spring has little tips that need to be in the holes. It's help the spring to wind up and create tention like some of the members on another forum some us know all too well. But anyway, more than likely the little end broke. If this is a lifted cart it would definitely be a good time to invest $50 and get the spring/spacer torque kit.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha