lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #11
paully walnuts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: In Dash Stereo Alternative

I also went on E-bay to see if they had anything like the amp set up that i posted earlier. I found small amps designed specifically for this application (mp3, other audio/video inputs) these amps were designed with motorcycles in mind. they allow you to connect a mp3 player to it and listen on your bike. these units on ebay run about $16-$25. all you have to add is an ipod, and some speakers. I think I'll give it a try. for $16 if it don't work oh well it was worth a shot.
paully walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #12
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by paully walnuts View Post
I also went on E-bay to see if they had anything like the amp set up that i posted earlier. I found small amps designed specifically for this application (mp3, other audio/video inputs) these amps were designed with motorcycles in mind. they allow you to connect a mp3 player to it and listen on your bike. these units on ebay run about $16-$25. all you have to add is an ipod, and some speakers. I think I'll give it a try. for $16 if it don't work oh well it was worth a shot.
Have you got an ebay link to that set up you're talking about?
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:47 AM   #13
paully walnuts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Hey Spoiledrotten, I just went and searched (ipod boat amp). This brought up quite a few hits. According to the broken english description, these amps are about 4"x1"x2" aprox. And you can get a variety of watt output. It looks like you can control volume, treble, and bass on amp itself. I can't wait to get mine n try it. I also am going to order a set of 5.25" round boat speakers to mount in the cart. They won't be loud, but then again, I won't get kicked out of the campground either :o)
I hope this setup works, then maybe we'll start a trend. I'd rather listen to my ipod than radio. No commercials. Of course theoretically if you had a small radio with a headphone jack you could play it too.
Sorry reply is soo long, I work midnights and got nothin better to do.
paully walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:02 AM   #14
Getting Wild

I'd like to see the setup when you're finished. PICTURES!
500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #15
HawkMan42
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Looked at the Pyle unit and this looks perfect and very affordable. No need to set up seperate amp. That said.have a 36v Ez Go PDS cart.

Novice here and just got the cart. Do I still need to purchase and install a voltage reduser and then hook the stereo unit to that ?

Thanks
HawkMan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #16
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by paully walnuts View Post
Hey Spoiledrotten, I just went and searched (ipod boat amp). This brought up quite a few hits. According to the broken english description, these amps are about 4"x1"x2" aprox. And you can get a variety of watt output. It looks like you can control volume, treble, and bass on amp itself. I can't wait to get mine n try it. I also am going to order a set of 5.25" round boat speakers to mount in the cart. They won't be loud, but then again, I won't get kicked out of the campground either :o)
I hope this setup works, then maybe we'll start a trend. I'd rather listen to my ipod than radio. No commercials. Of course theoretically if you had a small radio with a headphone jack you could play it too.
Sorry reply is soo long, I work midnights and got nothin better to do.
Hey, I appreciate the response. Keep us posted on how it works out. A pic or two wouldn't hurt either.

BTW.. I just ordered one too. Here is what I got. Well, I haven't got it yet.

SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #17
msugrad99
Not Yet Wild

We do this on ATV's all the time. Go to radio shack and get a RCA to Ear phone jack cable. Simply plug the ear phone jack into the ipod. Hook it to the amp with the RCA end of the cable. Then hook the speakers up to the amp. Add power to the amp and you are ready. Very easy and very inexpensive. We normally use a boss 150 watt amp. They are cheap on ebay and very small.
msugrad99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #18
kipg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Any updates or photos on precedent installs??
kipg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #19
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had a friend of mine that took a cooler put apiece of plywood inside with the stereo mounted in it with the speakers mounted on the sides with a flex antenna and used a small 12volt battery on the inside.You can then carry it around and use it where you want.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #20
mturkett
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This is what I just installed in my 97 Club Car. (see attachment) I used on of the cheapo MP3 amplifiers from Ebay and a pair of wallyworld 5 1/2" speakers. I cut a piece of 1/4" Lexan to fit and painted the backside black to give it a smoked appearance. Some Velcro on the front holds my IPOD. Sounds very good and there isn't any noticeable current drain on the battery pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ATT17073.jpg (59.6 KB, 142 views)
mturkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car