lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #21
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Forward and Reverse Switch wiring diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercook View Post
i think this is it! thanks
No problem . . . just take your time and double check everything before applying power to it . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #22
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
No problem . . . just take your time and double check everything before applying power to it . . .
that diagram was it! its working but my coils are getting really hot, but everything is wired right. ever had this problem b4? also that full power rev is different, gon take some getting used to. you guys really know your stuff and know good sites to find it, i hope to learn more.... my next thing is start replacing every big wire with a new one an put new ends on them, it still has the very old ones on it, they stiff and brittle. any simple tricks to beefing these old clubs up? more torque and speed
petercook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your talking about resistor coils getting really hot like cherry red thats their job .............they disapate wasted energy and the only time they don,t get hot is when your driving pedal to floor cause your bypassing them..........but regular driving they do and will get purty hot......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #24
puskers
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
this is it....looking at it from the rear of the cart.
I agree, I am having a problem with the F/r wiring. This is a nice diagram, for someone who knows how to read it, but we would like to see where these wires go. I see you marked through charger, and that's one of the wires I am having problems with. I got reverse in foreard and nothing in reverse. I know some one reading this will be kind enough to help.Thanks, Puskers.
PS Christmas is coming and we need to be able to ride the grandkids.(:>}
puskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #25
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by puskers View Post
I agree, I am having a problem with the F/r wiring. This is a nice diagram, for someone who knows how to read it, but we would like to see where these wires go. I see you marked through charger, and that's one of the wires I am having problems with. I got reverse in foreard and nothing in reverse. I know some one reading this will be kind enough to help.Thanks, Puskers.
PS Christmas is coming and we need to be able to ride the grandkids.(:>}
looking at diagram a1 is the post on top of motor s2 is the next one down a2 is the 3rd down and s1 is the bottom, this is where i got confused. this is how it goes tho. the wires coming off charge plug the left is pos and the right neg, on the 1st batt [driver side] neg terminal hook neg coming off charge plug an pos on charge plug loops thru fuse an goes over to f&r switch an hooks on the bottom terminal of f&r switch which goes to the pos terminal of the last batt. this will charge your batt. stevermichs diagram shows you exactly where each wire goes click on the hilighted link. page 2 #14 of this thread click on the blue highlighted link
Old 12-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #26
puskers
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Petercook, I will check it out. Any help at all is good.
puskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #27
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by puskers View Post
Thanks Petercook, I will check it out. Any help at all is good.
YALL CALL ME PETE peter is just my username. anyway i can help yall helped me out for sure
Old 12-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #28
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
if your talking about resistor coils getting really hot like cherry red thats their job .............they disapate wasted energy and the only time they don,t get hot is when your driving pedal to floor cause your bypassing them..........but regular driving they do and will get purty hot......................
when you say you converted to 48 volt, did you change to a 48 v motor or what? can you run more than 36 volts to a 36 v motor? also i heard you can add a 12 v [ im runnin 3 12v right now] batt on a toggle switch an hit it when your wide open an get a burst of more power as long as your wide open is this true an whats the faults of this nitrous button
Old 12-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #29
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you can use a 36 volt motor for a 48 volt cart thats what mine and a lot of others have done as long as it mounts up right voltage isn,t a problem......as for the speed boost if your gonna put another battery in why not just convert to 48 cause honestly anything else is a waste and just putting it in for a boost its not gonna be much of a boost if any at all.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #30
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
you can use a 36 volt motor for a 48 volt cart thats what mine and a lot of others have done as long as it mounts up right voltage isn,t a problem......as for the speed boost if your gonna put another battery in why not just convert to 48 cause honestly anything else is a waste and just putting it in for a boost its not gonna be much of a boost if any at all.......................................
my cart is a 36 volt i thought you were saying i can run 48 volts to it? why would you put a 36 v motor on a 48 v cart? it wouldnt be as fast or have the torque right? If anything put a 48 v on a 36 v cart to pep it up if it bolts up? Are there any things you can do to these resistor style carts to pep them up since they dont have a controller?

Tags
1989, club car, electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car