lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
genesis
Not Yet Wild

Default corrosion on terminal

I have an 08 precedent with the center battery console with 4 12volt batteries. The batteries are original and seem to be losing power but should last me the rest of the hunting season. My question is I keep having bad corrosian just on the negative terminal on the number 4 battery. Everything else is perfectly clean with not even a hint of corrosion. Is this something I should be worried about? I do put them on the charger after every use each night.
genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: corrosion on terminal

You need to remove that terminal from that battery, clean and neutralize the corrosion with baking soda, reattach the terminal, and coat all of the battery terminals with terminal protectant (avaialable at any auto parts store or even Walmart has it). Be sure to utilize proper safety procedures when working around the battery pack.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
genesis
Not Yet Wild

could this be a sign that something is wrong. I have cleaned it before and only that one gets caked with corrosion?
Old 11-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

It's only a sign that you have never used terminal dressing. I would be surprised if anyone had a technical explanation for why only that terminal is growing the green fuzz, but I'm open to suggestions, LOL.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
It's only a sign that you have never used terminal dressing. I would be surprised if anyone had a technical explanation for why only that terminal is growing the green fuzz, but I'm open to suggestions, LOL.
Battery electric flows from positive to negative . . . being it is the last negative terminal in the pack , it takes the "brunt" of the flow . . . ??? . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Battery electric flows from positive to negative . . . being it is the last negative terminal in the pack , it takes the "brunt" of the flow . . . ??? . . .
Not good enough, LOL.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
genesis
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, I will try to console the terminal with dressing and a pep talk. Seeing how it works harder than the others plus has to live with the "negative" stigma.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #8
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Thanks guys, I will try to console the terminal with dressing and a pep talk. Seeing how it works harder than the others plus has to live with the "negative" stigma.
Shake you finger at it . . always works on the kids . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
genesis
Not Yet Wild

Old 11-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #10
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This is a total guess, but maybe that one terminal in that battery doesn't seal well. I had an auto battery that did that and a very slight leakage of electrolyte will cause a connection to grow " moss ". Gorno's suggestion is a good one, and if there is slight leakage at the post, a bit of terminal grease would probably stop it!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car