lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #11
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Precedent AC conversion w/650A controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter112 View Post
Stevegrmich, yea I figure the extra $$$ for the AC kit would be worth it over the money spent on high torque DC motor and 500a or higher IQ controller. The batteries I was planning for already. The cost shouldn't be much for the 6x8v change since the OBC is ver. 4.0 and the batt. tub is made for the 12v or 8v. I just need the different batt. holdowns. I`m looking now for the best price on 8V batteries for it thru local resources.
From what I have seen, AC conversion will cost in neighborhood of $2500 - 3000 . . . . may be less, but I haven't researched it too thoroughly . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
scooter112
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Steve what I found looking at website prices for it is $2650-$2900. For my use thru the woods and up and down hills the regenerative braking seems like it will be a plus with my crappy stock brakes (wich need adjusting). Plus it sounds like it will put some juice back to the batteries. With a high torque DC motor I was planning on front disk brakes so I'm hoping with the AC kit I can get by with stock brakes.

Erict I called on the price for the 6x8v's and $750 sounds good but I called another place and the lady said $580 for the same US batteries! I'm skeptical about that price so I'll have to drive to that store and double check.

I looked over the post for Offtwice cart envy and found his pics on how he mounted his controller and thats kind of how I'm thinking I would do it. Maybe add some rubber sheet from the bottom of the cart up towards the controller to keep debris off it since this is a trail cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg offtwice controller mount 2.jpg (242.7 KB, 28 views)
scooter112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #13
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Steve what I found looking at website prices for it is $2650-$2900. For my use thru the woods and up and down hills the regenerative braking seems like it will be a plus with my crappy stock brakes (wich need adjusting). Plus it sounds like it will put some juice back to the batteries. With a high torque DC motor I was planning on front disk brakes so I'm hoping with the AC kit I can get by with stock brakes.

Erict I called on the price for the 6x8v's and $750 sounds good but I called another place and the lady said $580 for the same US batteries! I'm skeptical about that price so I'll have to drive to that store and double check.

I looked over the post for Offtwice cart envy and found his pics on how he mounted his controller and thats kind of how I'm thinking I would do it. Maybe add some rubber sheet from the bottom of the cart up towards the controller to keep debris off it since this is a trail cart.
Let me know about the $580 price. Does seem too good of a price. Did you talk to Jeff?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #14
scooter112
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Not sure what his name was. I did't ask for him because it might be months before I buy the batteries. But they will be in before next fall.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #15
scooter112
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Eric,
That price was to good I went there and the price is $129 ea. Deffinatly a better deal at Great Lakes.
Steve,
I've been debating and debating that AC kit price tag and I think I'm going to stick with DC motor and controller upgrade along with some disk brakes. All I really need is the torque for what I'm using the cart for.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #16
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Eric,
That price was to good I went there and the price is $129 ea. Deffinatly a better deal at Great Lakes.
Steve,
I've been debating and debating that AC kit price tag and I think I'm going to stick with DC motor and controller upgrade along with some disk brakes. All I really need is the torque for what I'm using the cart for.
I did call and forgot to tell you. I think he said $113 each but the price of batteries will be going up in January. Let me know with a PM
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #17
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Steve,
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #18
samsonone
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

scooter:
Ckeck on ausco disk brake conv. for C.C. work really well.Also alltrax controller which is progamable for torque and other stuff, also go with 6 -8volts and you will still come out cheaper than A/C conv. I run 48 volt with a 600 amp. controller and hunt in Ky. where there are some really steep grade,s and have no trouble with torque.motor in my cart is a C.C. stock d/c advance 3.3 motor. good luck and hope this help's.

Happy Holiday's

Samsonone
samsonone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car