lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Charger won't work since I put in new batteries

i replied to your other post it shouldn,t matter about the f&r.................and as far as the OBC reset.......this is just my opinion but after trying the reset 100,s of times on 100,s of carts its a crap shoot at best.........sometimes it works sometimes it dosn,t and the times it does 95% its a temporary thing the issue comes back...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #12
BRV1960
Not Yet Wild

So what your thinking is that I have a obc issue perhaps? Is there any way that I could have hooked up my batteries wrong somehow where the cart still goes forward and reverse properly but won't charge? I have the red wire from the charger receptical going to the battery on the passenger side along with the main red wire coming from the back motor compartment. I have then only a black negative coming to the driver side battery from the back motor compartment. The rest are just short jumper cables from the negs to the positives. I assume that is correct but not sure anymore. It does read around 46 volts from one side to the other. The charger receptacle also reads around 46 volts on the red and black terminals inside the receptacle. This is just so frrrustrating since it all worked fine before it was taken apart.
BRV1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #13
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Did you have the TOW/RUN switch in the TOW mode prior to disconnecting/removing batteries/welding?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRV1960 View Post
So what your thinking is that I have a obc issue perhaps? Is there any way that I could have hooked up my batteries wrong somehow where the cart still goes forward and reverse properly but won't charge? I have the red wire from the charger receptical going to the battery on the passenger side along with the main red wire coming from the back motor compartment. I have then only a black negative coming to the driver side battery from the back motor compartment. The rest are just short jumper cables from the negs to the positives. I assume that is correct but not sure anymore. It does read around 46 volts from one side to the other. The charger receptacle also reads around 46 volts on the red and black terminals inside the receptacle. This is just so frrrustrating since it all worked fine before it was taken apart.
its hooked up right or it wouldn,t run at all..................i,m just trying to figure what you might have done since it worked before......it would be a real coinicidense if OBC went bad since it was good pryor and if cart drives it has to be in run pos...............you to try your charger on another cart to see if it works..................................
Old 12-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #15
BRV1960
Not Yet Wild

I really don't remember. Have I done something wrong if I didn't?
Old 12-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #16
BRV1960
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
its hooked up right or it wouldn,t run at all..................i,m just trying to figure what you might have done since it worked before......it would be a real coinicidense if OBC went bad since it was good pryor and if cart drives it has to be in run pos...............you to try your charger on another cart to see if it works..................................
I've been trying to find another clubcar to try the charger on. May take me a day or two. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I,m not familiar with this 07DS but couldn't he try the OBC bypass and see if the charger works? Assuming the fuses have been checked and there is 48v at the charge receptacle on the cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I,m not familiar with this 07DS but couldn't he try the OBC bypass and see if the charger works? Assuming the fuses have been checked and there is 48v at the charge receptacle on the cart.
scotty he should be able to........................................
Old 12-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #19
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRV1960 View Post
I really don't remember. Have I done something wrong if I didn't?
If cart was not in TOW mode when you began to disconnect electrical/electronic "stuff", the potential for harm is present . . . always make sure you are in TOW mode when working on the electric/electronics of a cart . . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #20
BRV1960
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
How do you bypass the OBC to see if the charger works? I havn't been able to find a clubcar close by to try my charger on yet. I did test the fuse at the receptacle and it's fine. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car