lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #11
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: Buying First Cart

One thing I need to mention about my cart. I did not buy if from a golf cart lot. I did buy it from a guy who buys rental carts from dealers who lease to golf courses. He is a buddy to a buddy of mine and I went and picked it out of a trailer load that he was taking to auction. I believe that I got a very good deal on the cart with 4-month old batteries for $2,000. The cart was in great shape. It looked like new except for a small cigar burn in the seat that did not go all the way through the seat cover and the windshield had a scratch in it. I replaced the windshield while doing my upgrades.
I've got about $3,800 in the cart with the upgrades in my sig but I will upgrade the controller, solenoids and battery cables later which will run another $6-700.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2011, 08:33 AM   #12
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy 1 View Post
I found an 07 presedent that had about everything on it but the battery's were 07 also and he wnted 3100 for it.
I can't verify this from experience but from reading many posts here the 12V batteries only last maybe 5 years but that still sounds like a decent deal. The 4-12V batteries are much cheaper to replace compared to the 6-8V batteries.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:21 AM   #13
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
I can't verify this from experience but from reading many posts here the 12V batteries only last maybe 5 years but that still sounds like a decent deal. The 4-12V batteries are much cheaper to replace compared to the 6-8V batteries.
That's not what I've found. I have two Precedents, one with 4x12 and one with 6x8. Replacement cost for the 6 8V batteries is cheaper than the 4 12V batteries. You also get longer run times to boot. So definitely go with the 6 8V configuration if you can.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #14
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
That's not what I've found. I have two Precedents, one with 4x12 and one with 6x8. Replacement cost for the 6 8V batteries is cheaper than the 4 12V batteries. You also get longer run times to boot. So definitely go with the 6 8V configuration if you can.
Didn't know 6-8V batteries were cheaper than 4-12V. Anyway, I agree that the 6-8V setup is better from my researching. Extra run time may or may not be needed though. I have the 4-12V setup and I have all of the run time I need. But I'm running on flat concrete most of the time.
There are plenty people out there including me that are completely satisfied with the 4-12V setup.

If the OP could find an 08.5 or newer for a good price it would be great.

Quote:
I found an 07 Precedent that had about everything on it but the battery's were 07 also and he wanted 3100 for it.
You did not say exactly what upgrades have been done to the cart. Depending on what has been upgraded, this may be a good price. If I were you, I would research the 4-12V verses the 6-8V battery configuration if you want a CC. This way you can make up your mind before purchasing.

You said in your first post that this cart would be for the family Christmas. That doesn't leave you much time and time is what you need. I waited a couple months before I found the cart I was looking for at a price that I was happy with.

I have a neighbor who bought a 08.5 CC Precedent with the 6" lift kit, flip rear seat kit and new wheels and tires. He told me he paid $5,000 for it. He thinks he got a great deal. To me, it sounded a little steep but maybe not for the 08.5 with the 6-8V batteries but I don't think "Don't Remember" if the batteries were new.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #15
stewy 1
Not Yet Wild

It's got wheels tires, 6" lift, backseat Did not ask if 6 or 12 volt battery's painted body {not my favorite color} What is an 08.5?
stewy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #16
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

2008.5 is when CC went back to 6-8V batteries from what I understand instead of the 4-12V batteries. It's a better cart with the 8V batteries but that is about the biggest difference except it being newer. The 4-12V have served many of us just fine. It's owner's preference.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #17
Jeeperman
Not Yet Wild

The longer runtime will be a benefit to me as the use of the cart will be 80% subdivision 20% hunting lease in the woods (several days of hills w/o charge). I'm pulling the trigger in the next two weeks! I'm set on the club car 08.5' or newer. The build soon begins!
Jeeperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:40 PM   #18
Jeeperman
Not Yet Wild

Down South - which PQ motor did you go with? I'm gonna need more torque soon after the purchase to haul deer/turkey/friends through the woods.
Jeeperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #19
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperman View Post
Down South - which PQ motor did you go with? I'm gonna need more torque soon after the purchase to haul deer/turkey/friends through the woods.
Bandit, I bought it slightly used from another member here at a good price. I still yet have to upgrade my controller and cables. That will happen sometime after Christmas.

If you really want more torque the 4-500 amp controller and heavy gage cables would be something you need to check into plus another motor. Scotty can give you a lot more details about this.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car